Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys. I'm wanting to swap in the 100mph gauge cluster from a 90 150 into my 87 100. I already have most of the parts I think are needed. Least wise I have the new cluster and the speed sensor off the transmission.  What I'm needing to know if its possible and if anyone has successfully done it. I thought a few years back I seen a FAQ guide showing what needed to be done but I can't seem to locate it now or really any good info.

I know it seems alot of people seem to be moving to aftermarket gauges but i'm really wanting the stock look.

Thanks, JC

·
Registered
29,317 Posts
mainly you just need the two years[87-90] of wiring diagrams

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have the wiring diagrams to a point, but problem i'm having is that the info I have says the power input is 5volts on both sides and well I used a power reducer but nothing seems to be working right, lol. reason I was hoping someone could help me out. If I had the 90 truck so i could hook a battery to it then i might be able to tell more. Cause right now the amp gauge isn't reading but below 8 and the turn signal lights on the dash wont come on. I checked the bulbs and they are good. Was hoping this swap would be fairly easy except for the chasing down wires lol... Was a shame I got the cluster out of the 1990 150 and it only had 47000 miles on it was a "cash for Clunkers" trade in. Such a waste...

JC

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I got my answer... the diagrams I had were incorrect on the new cluster using 5v to power it. Uses the full 12v...

Thanks for looking the the Help..

JC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts