Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know if there is a kit or some creative cheat to correct the spedometer being off due to tire size and gear ratio change. First i had stock gear ratio w/ 36s and it was allways 5 mph under what i was actually going regardless of the speed. Now i have 4:10s running 38.5 boggers and its way high from what im actually going but its not a constant off like at low speed its only 4 or 5 off but once i'm goin like 55 or 60 it will be almost maxed out. A constant off i can deal w/ but this is just annoying now not that i rally care how fast i'm goin (they shouldnt be in front of me anyway lol) but i just like things to be correct. I know my friend got a autometer that can work w/ any ratio but i dont really want to change the whole dash configuration around and spend a zillion dollers on gages. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
WIth a 89 RC you should still have the mechanical speedo, which means you'd have to change the pinion gearing in the t-case. I believe there is a thread in tech board about the pinion gearing and also probably on this board. Use the search function and you should get some results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts