Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are all the spare tire support brackets the same for the long and shortbed Dodge pickups? I can't see why it wouldn't be. My '85 Power Ram shortbed came to me without a spare tire or supporting hardware, so a while back I picked up the parts in a junkyard from a Dodge ('70's or '80's, I don't remember) pickup. I finally got around to cleaning them up and painting them, but when I tried to install the support, it didn't fit any existing holes. I couldn't find any info in the Chrysler Service Manual, or the owner's manual, but my Hayne's book has a picture of the front part. If I install mine using the hole they show in the Hayne's book, then the support is too long, and sticks out past the end of the bed.
Does anyone have any experience with this. It seems like such a stupid question, but I am wondering. Can anyone post a pic of their spare tire properly mounted where it is supposed to be under the bed?
Note: I do have an aftermarket receiver hitch, but that shouldn't be in the way, should it?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just picked up an 81 Club Cab without a spare mounted or the mounting hardware. I'm headed to a wrecking yard this weekend to cannibalize a particular truck if its still there. I'll take a digital camera and take a couple shots for you! Unless someone post something between now and then.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I know this is an old thread but, this is the info I’m looking for. My 1976 W200 Crew Cab is missing the spare tire mounting hardware. Will any 1972 to 1993 under the bed hardware work/bolt up? It would help to know what the parts look like that I’m looking for. Can someone post pictures of yours and the year of your truck? It will be appreciated!
Thanks, John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts