Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52,720 Posts
s ǝoɾ said:
It's probably is....his is a just a zx-6r.
My son has an 09 zx-6r. And yes it does sound like that with the new muffler he put on........ ;D

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
I particularly like how its near silent at idle but as soon as you hit the gas, you know for sure whats under the hood.

Not that there would be any doubt after getting a look at the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the way all 12 cylinders sound like one. Everything is so smooth sounding no erratic loping of the engine. 

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
It sounds to me like a great way to spin the main and rod bearings.

Oh, and I like a little loping in my engines, lol. That high pitched gear stripping noise is just un-American to me, lol. I much prefer this:

Blown INDY MAXX Hemi Dyno pull

;D

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
is that one of those cars that to turn you just lean to one side and punch it?  {lol}

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
Where's the vid of the Mopar road racer trying to pass the BMW?  That sounds like awesome in a can.

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
Web Wheeler said:
I like the way all 12 cylinders sound like one. Everything is so smooth sounding no erratic loping of the engine.
Ferrari variable cam profile along with exhaust note killing mufflers and catalytic converters. ;)

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Elwenil said:

Oh, and I like a little loping in my engines, lol. That high pitched gear stripping noise is just un-American to me, lol.

;D
I agree. I really don't like the sound of supercharged engines either.
My brand of "beautiful noise" would be a high compression big block MoPar (BBs have a unique sound) with headers, lopey idle, through chambered muffler exhaust.
Back in the good old days, nobody could afford a blower or turbos accept for big money guys and we really didn't know any. But most guys could afford a big block with 10:1 or 11:1 (TRW forged pistons) compression. That coupled with a MoPar "purple shaft" cam, it was musical.
You would hear the "plink-plink-plink-plink-plink" of each cylinder from the headers and the lopey gurgle of the exhaust.

I use to back the timing down on my Coronet with a 10:1 383, which accentuated the lope of the cam.
Standing behind the car you could feel the exhaust pulse slapping you in the leg from 10 feet away from the tailpipes.

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
Yeah, I never could afford much more than a mild big block or small block either, which may be why I like the supercharged engines.  They have a different sound but the sound of a Mopar big block at full scream is the same supercharged or not and is simply mechanical ecstasy.  The sound that used to come out of the open headers on my '69 Coronet 500 Convertible was something to live for back when I was younger.  It got your heart racing just to hear it idle and just a little blip of the throttle was bliss.  I really miss those days sometimes when I fire up my Ramcharger's little 318 with stock single exhaust and all I hear is the smog pump working.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
all I hear is the smog pump working
LMBO! thats so sad. the 318 in my 84 sounded decent with a mild unknown cam and full headers with dual flowmaster 40s. i agree though, v12 engine just done sound good unless..... its a v12 two stroke detroit diesel!!! now thats music. i love my big block cammed out engines but diesels also have a sweet spot in my heart. especially the 2 stroke detroits, they just sing man.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
The BUZZ of less than 8 cylinders is nothing but annoying to me. 
Speaking of that try this.  Got to YoutTube.com and search "Blows motor" and see how many videos of kids you see with Honda or the like, standing on the throttle to show off to their buddies, and then BANG! 
Car=junk in a split second.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
any one ever here the old chevy v12?

·
Registered
52,720 Posts
Elwenil said:

Oh, and I like a little loping in my engines, lol. That high pitched gear stripping noise is just un-American to me, lol. I much prefer this:

Blown INDY MAXX Hemi Dyno pull

;D
{cool} {yes}

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.