Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well there wasnt a Ramcharger there. However as the Chapter Leader for NV RCC I led the team. We had a Stock Jeep Wrangler ( Mopar ! ) and a 80s Bronco with some suspenions mods and 33s. The Bronco guy Bucknbronc is an RCC member an came out to go wheelin on real short notice. He brought a friend too so it rounded out nicely. Two rigs and Two folks per rig.

our goal was to take a mild trail up to the mine/mill and then take a trail around the mountain too drop us back down into Carson City.

http://www.bitofhistory.com/WebPages/NVWeb/Como.html

well we made the Mill after all day of trail riding, so when we got to the Mill we turned back and headed back on the right trail to take us home after a bit of sightseeing and history. The map reader (me)put us on the wrong road at first and we had to cross through a canyon and a dried up creek. that was fun to take the bronco up some narrow and steep trails. at one point Buckn took bronco half way down and back up a trail just too turn around on a flatter spot instead of taking the hairpin turn at the half point. safety was the goal and his spotter did a good job. not too many pics were taken of the actual trail rides but we do have one of the vehicles and of the Como Mill. Next trip out i think with a bit more planning and another vehicle we will try the complete trail. and of course more action pics. there was some definatley cool shots of the Bronco flexin an the jeep hoppin.

The Jeep driver Marc was new to wheeling. He had been many times but this was his first as the nut behind the wheel on the dirt. to his credit he did a great job on a mild trail and learned some of his vehicles potential and what he can do. Safety was our goal as well as no Carnage.

well we all made it back safe. a few scrapes bottoms and a bashed rocker was the worst of it.

all in all it was a good time. we definately will go again. the other fellah that was buckn's passenger sais he has a Power Wagon with a 440. i gotta get that kid too bring it!

keep checkin as the NV Chapter Leader hunts for Ghost Towns on the Nevada Frontier!

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is one where i am standing on top of a mineshaft that was collapsed in. whether they blew it dynamite or it just cratered im not sure. you can see where the trucks sit that had some rubble an was dirt from the mine to level out a football field size area. this was probably a staging area for supplies.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thanks Don 8)

Edit from WJ. Added pic of Buckn's Geologically modifed sheeetmetal!

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bucknbronc said:
Thanks Don 8)
more too come.

here is the mine entrance that i was standing on. it has been blasted closed for peoples safety. the wood in front is the buttesses that support the load with a little roof over the opening. and then the steps up too it.

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
Sure looks like fun, and looks a whole lot like New Mexico... Neat to go see the "ghosts" !

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool.

thanks for the reply smokey

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Looks like fun! I should be bringing my 85 to Fallon in March/April timeframe...hopefully you have a trail ride while I am up there :)

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ill take you out!

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Sweet, I might be bringing along some guys from my squadron, I know there are a couple guys taking 4x4's up there. Not much else to do up there for 3 1/2 weeks...except gamble.
Once we get closer, I am going to try and organize a trail ride with squadron members for a good weekend up there.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey Joel, let me know when you are going to go, my dad lives in Fallon, so I would have a place to stay. The Trailduster is running good now so i could meet you all up there.

Don H.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
dhopkirk said:
Hey Joel, let me know when you are going to go, my dad lives in Fallon, so I would have a place to stay. The Trailduster is running good now so i could meet you all up there.

Don H.
Sweet :) It will be the end of March through the beginning of April. I would imagine the last weekend in March or the first weekend in April would be best, but it would depend on which one worked for Don (Willy).

Lol, one of the guys that will probably go with drives an 86 Blazer, Buck has a Bronco, Willy has an RC and Don has a Trailduster :eek: ;D I should be driving my W150, but I may take the Jeep instead. It depends on whether I get the time to finish the fuel injection project ::) I wish I had a garage :p

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sounds cool, as long as its on a weekend. I have Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays off.

Don H.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
dhopkirk said:
Sounds cool, as long as its on a weekend. I have Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays off.

Don H.
Yes, definately a weekend. I would not be able to get away during the week, and I am sure Willy couldn't either. I will most likely have to work on Sunday evening, but have Friday and Saturday off.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i could take leave during the week if not much is going on. sounds like yall want a weekend trip though

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
willy J said:
i could take leave during the week if not much is going on. sounds like yall want a weekend trip though
I know I can't take leave, too much work during the week. Not to mention I already have two people who are going, and I am sure neither of them can take leave either. I should have the Friday and Saturday off, and so should the other two that want to go. The guy with the blazer says it is running like crap, so he isn't taking it. I have one guy with a 4 Runner, and one guy with an S-10 pickup. The Runner is fairly hardcore, straight axle conversion, and the S10 has a slight lift, and he is running 31's.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so what kind of wheeling do they want to do? hardcore break stuff? mild trails with nice scenary?

go look for a ghost town out in the desert?

let me know what yall want an ill search my maps an make some ideas on a trail run in march. its not too cold then but it might be wet so well stay out of the high elevations unless one of you have a winch.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
willy J said:
so what kind of wheeling do they want to do? hardcore break stuff? mild trails with nice scenary?

go look for a ghost town out in the desert?

let me know what yall want an ill search my maps an make some ideas on a trail run in march. its not too cold then but it might be wet so well stay out of the high elevations unless one of you have a winch.
Good trails with scenery ;D I am pretty sure I won't have a winch, but the guy with the runner might. I'll have to ask. I don't mind some tough hill climbs, but if I have the Jeep I don't want to dent anything :) With the 85 I'll go anywhere ;D I'll have my Hi-Lift, tool kit and stuff though.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok. then ill see about the como mine trail that we didnt finish, would yall be willing to camp 1 night? ill scout it way ahead of time and again before we go. its the one on this post ;D

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
willy J said:
ok. then ill see about the como mine trail that we didnt finish, would yall be willing to camp 1 night? ill scout it way ahead of time and again before we go. its the one on this post ;D
I would be willing to camp, but I'll have to ask the others. They strike me as the type that will though... Not much else to do in Fallon on the weekends.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts