Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently building a 360 single turbo setup for my 86 w150 i was wondering if the moroso dart solid mounts will fit they look close and i cant find any info on the dimensions. I want to go solid mounts to keep everything nice and tight for the hotside of the turbo.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
unless this is a "race" only deal , you'll be unhappy with a motor with no rubber mounts . the 80's-90's dodge small block mounts have the tabs , that "lock" the mounts together , even with broken rubbers they can only move "so" far , unlike the old days when the air cleaner could hit the hood with a broke mount ....

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
Use mounts for a '89-'93 truck with the Cummins.  Same style mount, just a lot more beef.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The current nitrous motor bends the tabs at least twice a yr ive had solid mounts on past vehicles. The main reason for wanting solid mounts is im bracing the turbo to take the weight off the piping and would like to eliminate as muck flex as possible to keep from cracking the welds on the hotside. Im mounting the turbo behind the right headlight in front of the wheelwell

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And remember this is an 86 dodge not a caddy there is nothing smooth about it

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
Chain it down.  That will give you vibration resistance and still have a solid connection to keep it from pulling on the mount too much.  We used to do it all the time to the muscle cars.

·
Vendor
11,786 Posts
Johnny @ Polybushing.com has some super poly mounts for the CTD that should hold up.  They are a little taller because of the inter lock inside the Poly.
Jim

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks im going to look into the poly mounts they might be what i need

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.