Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys. I've had some frustration with wheels on this truck and I've got a couple sets of things to get rid of at this point.

These are the wheels that came on the truck, it is a 79 D100 Custom. Specked very close to a red express. I have 3 15x8" 5x4.5" steel slotted wheels and 1 15x7" 5x4.5". These look to be original wheels, I have no idea why one is 15x7 but it really is making my life difficult. They are in OK shape with some corrosion.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'm looking for $400 but feel free to send an offer.

(Updated sizes and price, Price updated with the dismounting tires and verifying they are genuine wheels.)

Sold, thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,155 Posts
The pentastar is usually stamped on the tire side of the rim and isn't always there. When present it will also include the usual chrysler size marking 15x8jj. The pics look like originals so I'm betting the mismatched one is 15x7. The only after market ones I've seen that even come close are aluminum and unilug and the size of the slots are different if ya look really close. The after market ones came in lots of widths but chrysler only made 7s and 8s.

I'd put my energy it to finding a 15x8 to fix yer set but I'm running a couple sets now. If you're really committed to selling them, you'd do better on a site that focuses on LREs or Street Vans. Those guys hunt for these things, most RC/TD guys will just about give them away.

·
Super Moderator
2,155 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
El Cheapo custom wheels from years ago . I have had a few street rods , still have a 32 3 window coupe . I have seen these wheels many many times over the years tinkering with cars . I also worked as a line mechanic for Chrysler Plymouth and Dodge trucks . The only chrome slots I ever saw were 15x8 , doesn’t mean they were never made or installed by Dodge , I just never saw any. That’s why I suspect the 15x6 you have is an aftermarket wheel . Maybe ,maybe not but I really suspect it is .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I haven't had a chance to yet but I'm going to clean off all the dirt and spiders and figure out if the Chrysler stamp is on there or not. Any specifics on where it should be?

Also, if a mod wants to move this I won't be upset since I'm not sure what they are anymore. I'll most likely end up wanting to sell these regardless what they are, the condition isn't great and I want something clean and happy for new tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fal308 said:
Where are the wheels located?
Eastvale, CA

And the debate is over for the pictured wheel. The one I have on me I dismounted the tire at a local shop and cleaned up. Mopar for sure! Still gotta check the other three but they are in storage.

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
There you go . As I said I have seen many 15x8 but no 15x6 but that doesn’t mean they are not OEM because I never seen one . Good Luck , I may know where there are 4 on a Ram Charger

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, update. They are all genuine Chrysler wheels, three are 15x8 one is 15x7.

The three 15x8's are labeled with: *Chrysler star" 40360 91

Two 15x8's have "8JJx15 MADE IN BRAZIL BORLEM NE 8/78 T" stamped in them

The 15x8's have serial numbers
S181129
S181128
S181106

The 15x7 is labeled with: *Chrysler star" 40360 oo and "Made in USA"  I forgot to go back and get the serial number on this one.

I cleaned up the back side of the wheels a bit to check for markings with my little wire brush and a soft wire wheel. I also started cleaning up the really bad 3rd 15x8, the tire that came on that was split open and it got some junk and corrosion. Cleaning up OK but will need more work for sure.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,155 Posts
The "made in brazil" mark is kinda strange - as in never heard of it. Also never heard of serial numbers on rims so I'm kinda thinkin build date. As for finding them a home, maybe reach out to

http://www.dodgeconnection.com/

Once upon a time he would buy used rims, get them rechromed and then sell to the LRE guys. Just peeked at the site and noticed that page missing but maybe a useful lead anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.