Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate the fact that my 1/2 ton rides like a steam roller because there is never any weight in it. I'm going to remove half of the springs in the pack so I get better travel when I'm romping around. Anybody ever done this? I don't carry a load or pull a trailer so why have the stiffness? It feels great with about 1000 lbs in it, but empty it sucks. I'll let you know how it goes, I think you'll like the pics I'm gonna post. I've been going off a bit now that I have a shop.

Attachments

G

·
Maybe instead of removing some of your springs you could install a set of those velvet shackles. I've heard they take out a lot of the harshness in the ride.
Greg

·
Premium Member
26,084 Posts
Yeah Luke i heard wonderful things about those velvet ride shackles, i would like to use them myself but my truck is always getting a trailer on it and weight, and some of the trailers are heavy so im afraid that in my situation they would not work correctly very long, but if anyone pulls trailers w/2 cars and heavy boats and uses the velvet ride shackles i would love to hear that they take the abuse of alot of weight all the time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts