Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody using one?I have a Rc that has no top on it.How well do they hold up in the winter?And How much work is it to put up and fold down?Anybody have some photos other than the ones in the how to.

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
I have heard of a few people with them. I would like to know also. I have a 79 without the top. Of course another option is find a hard top. the JY here has two of them off of 75's

·
Registered
221 Posts
Kayline offers a really high quality top for these. They come in a white, black, tan, and a blue I believe. It is made of a material that is the same they use to match factory original tops. The only difference is they have more of a slant at the back. They run about $511. Kayline has been bought by another top company and they still make these tops. I have the info written down and a web site. I will look through my stuff and try and find it. This is the top I am going to go with. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i have a kayline top...its good matterial and stuff but it dosent fit right. I'm going to have to take my truck to an apulstry shop to get a few areas fixed and get some new brackets made up for it to of any use in the rain or on the freeway.

-Nick

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i dont have my truck with me right now, or i'd take some pics of the problem areas. The brackets they gave me didn't seem to work right with the top snapping on the ends of the windshield, and the parts that go around where the door frame meets the top are just completely wrong. I'm going to see my truck tomarrow so i'll snap some pics then.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
no probs ;D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you.And just how much work is it to set up and take down.And just how does it snap down on the front?There is not much room to put alot of snaps there.But any photos that show all the who what how are a big help.And if nothing all it will help if I just make my own top be it a convertible or just a carson top.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
i saw someone on here that took an rc hardtop and cut it a bit to make basically a pickup without a back wall. it kinda resembled the bronco setup. he cut it where it stops covering the doors and drops a bit or something. look around, it might be a good idea if thats whatcha want. then ya drop the full top on, or the half top.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks for the information on the Kayline top AZ-Trailduster. That is the one I thought looked to be the best quality on the ones available. When did you get yours? I was wondering if maybe they have made improvements since you purchased yours. They also offer the different colors and Tigertop only has black. Nice pictures.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
if its warm outside, its really easy to put up/down. But when its cold....oh man your fingers are gonna hurt. I'm going out to work on the truck today so i'll get some pics. I'll have them up here tonight

·
Registered
11 Posts
i got a kayline top, you have to install the thing like a brain surgeon .....BUT...if you do its awesome. i have no leaks but yes its much easier to put on when the top is warm (stretches) as opposed to when the top is cold(contracts) my top is about 8 years old and gets some nice sun in so. california. i like the top because of the angle in the back, back window rolls up get a nice airflow thru the truck. i would post some pics but cannot figure out how to..
but what i'd like to know does anyone know / heard of a bikini top for rc's...that would be cool
oh yeah after about 4 times of taking top down and putting up you'll be able to do it in about 10-15 minutes..most of the time your walkin around makin sure each side is even
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mrpacu/my_photos

1 - 14 of 14 Posts