Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......what brand is it and do you like it or hate it and why?  What issues have you had if any? What ignition system did you go with?

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
W_A_Watson_II said:
On my 1968 318 with MoPar Electronic Ignition (in my 53 M37) I'm now running a (gm) system from Affordable Fuel Injection.
https://www.affordable-fuel-injection.com/product-category/tbi-kits/

It replaced the Holley Pro-Jection that shot craps. The AFI unit has been for better than the Holley on my mostly stock motor.
I've considered calling them. My RC already has swapped in factory TBI, wondered about getting a PCM from them and repinning my existing harness to mate with the GM computer. The advantage being a PROM burned to work better with my mildly modded 360. Nothing available for tuning the OBD1 Mopar truck PCM. That and the price since I already have a complete system in place.

My 360 has a Hughes roller with more lift but it still makes 20" of vacuum and idles butt smooth, mildly ported heads, more compression, intake and headers. I built it to be a torque motor not a high RPM screamer.

It generally runs pretty good as is, starts and drives fine. But it needs more "pump shot". Has a tendency to bog if I suddenly stomp the gas at low RPM. Another issue is that I can clear the fuel trims and the AFR's run in the mid 14 range for a couple hundred miles but it eventually self tunes the AFR's into the low 13's at cruise. Goes from 13.5 mpg to about 10 and the extra gas can't be doing the rings any favors either.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I read of a lot of happy folks with the Edelbrock pro flow v4.
Older kits were troublesome, but the think I liked about it is that it comes with a multi port injection intake.
Looks very pretty, self learning and has an lcd to show your current stats.

Someday over the rainbow.  ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm running the Holley Sniper EFI on my 360 in my 67 Dart, it works really well. I'm also using their crank/cam signal distributor so that I can control timing. The newer distributors they sell only provide a crank signal which is all that you need for a TBI setup. Using the software with a laptop connection allows a lot more tuneability that just the handheld.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.