Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i took my truck into the shop get ball joints done i knew the door trim was catching on the left fender a little but when i got my truck back the trimm is ripped off and twisted in the box where can i get new door trim and those white clips are all snapped :'(

·
Registered
29,359 Posts
yup picking an older vehicle up on a lift and NOT letting it settle after you put it down / the shop that did the BJ,s is at fault / l bounce every vehicle after l put them down to settle them / because l,ve ripped my fair share of trim off in my day and l hate paying for it / another NO NO is opening a door while on the lift / l had a buick that l opened a door and it broke the windshield / the closed door was holding the body ridgid

you cant buy NEW but you can find GOOD used in the classifides on here

·
7,250 Posts
volaredon said:
taking it to a shop to HAVE ball joints done..... mistake # 1....
Not everybody has the tools, desire or knowledge to do the work themselves

Chris

·
Registered
904 Posts
wycowboy said:
Not everybody has the tools, desire or knowledge to do the work themselves

Chris
Yeah I know; but what about a buddy to do it after work or help/show how/loan tools? I cant tell ya how many times I went and bought the tools cheaper than the labor would have been; and I have them for life! or trade labor... you do________ for a living (or just a good interest in) that you are good at; youre buddy may not be as good at/has no desire to do; trade work.... just a quick phone quote as wellas still hearing "horror stories" from those who have their mechanic work done, is PLENTY of motivation.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i don't know i could have done it but i needed the truck fast and i was busy with work so i opted to pay for someone to do it big mistake

1 - 7 of 7 Posts