Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tryied everything I can think of to get people together in Ohio. Offered food, invited on wheeling trips even meets at the Mopar Nats. It seems the only get 3 members together at any time and place.
Only thing I haven't tried is offer gas ::)

How yous guys get trip together like Texas and NC?

·
Premium Member
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel your pain,,I've signed up 4 or so people and can't get them to hook up ether. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
No luck in GA either, FWIW :)

I think it only works in states with large memberships, like TX. Even then the percentage looks low for events.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
It does seem hard to get people together or events. We have a good core of members who try to make the events here. With our state being so large and our membership so spread out it takes work. Get them involved, move the chapter events around in the state. Try to find something of central interest and pick your dates wisely. Get input from chapter members. Heck, I guess we just like to wheel here in Texas. Most all the places we wheel are 3 to 6 hours away from us.Lots of luck.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Same here, I have been to TN, PA, MA, ME, NJ and NY for meets. Some people don't want to meet, some can't find the time. Keep trying, My thing now is that I am about the ONLY active member here now. Best thing I can say is find something people are intrested in, and plan it. If you just get a few people, then thats what you plan for next time.

·
Premium Member
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all of you guys help. I'll keep plugging away LOL
I did stop three new RC owners in town just this week and tell them of the site.
I ghess I'll; just have to rent a bus and pickup each and every one of them LOL

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
RCC_SaMiaM said:
Cause we have real wheeling place here in TX :) J/K :)
You definatly have somthign there Sam. .......... there is only one mud bog near me and thats two hours away as far as trails i have to drive 5 hours and cant get a soul to go with me or meet me there. David

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
Hmmmm...

Arkansas has Superlift park, and doesn't even have a chapter. Tennessee has "Wheeling in the Country" and is one of the slowest boards. Population may be part of it.

·
5,657 Posts
I think the reason the TX chapter does pretty good. Is that we go place that everyone can enjoy. Make it known that going on the meets isn't all about wheeling but just hanging out. I have been to two chapter meets that i didn't even bring my truck and i had a blast! Some of the best times i have are just sitting by the fire and shooting the breeze with everyone. :)

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
People being tenacious enough to keep old Dodges running may also have a fairly high level of individualist attitude, and thus may be less likely to go appreciable distances to socialize.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Bill I try to go man but being poor is kicking my ass .... come spring I really would like to get together woth osme other folks fomr the chapter .... we have some awesome events in Ohio too .... Hell u got the Jamboree in Lima and the Tractor pulls in Bowling Green ... and the Mopar Nats too ... which I definitely wanna be at this year ... I mean hell i am gonna go to Toronoto this summer too and meet some Canucks lol

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Smokey said:
People being tenacious enough to keep old Dodges running may also have a fairly high level of individualist attitude, and thus may be less likely to go appreciable distances to socialize.
Yea, I am kinda anti-social, too. ;)

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Yea RIGHT!!! LOL!

·
5,141 Posts
We seem to have a good group of people who just like getting together for good times. We do have the beach for a meet in the summer and two off road parks kinda close by for spring and fall runs. Normally it is about 6 or so people that always show up with some different people each time. Seems like our chapter is growing alot lately.

When the VA and NC chapters were seperate I seemed to be going to NC for all the meets, I think joining our chapters was a great thing cause most of us VA guys live near the NC border and most of our wheeling spots are just over the NC line from us.

·
Registered
370 Posts
well if it wasnt for them no good people that are against others having fun im sure more people in ohio would get together...but hell almost every wheeling hotspot that i know of or at least ahve been too has been shut down by local law enforcement..hell you can barely even ride ATVs and dirtbikes where i live with out have the law on your heels...:(

1 - 20 of 45 Posts