Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you get a pump on the mitsudiesel, what kinda of power numbers are you shooting for?

Also for WY Chris, hope everything turns okay for ya' bub. 

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
90 hp and 100ftlbs of torque.  :p

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
mopar65pa said:
90 hp and 100ftlbs of torque. :p
Thats less than stock Tony :eek:

A stock 4D56 2.5L Turbo cranks out about 130 HP / 240 Ft Lbs. I plan on adding the Intercooler and cranking the pump up a little bit.

A decent 150 / 300 would be great for the little truck 8)

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
ChrisKD said:
Thats less than stock Tony :eek:

A stock 4D56 2.5L Turbo cranks out about 130 HP / 240 Ft Lbs. I plan on adding the Intercooler and cranking the pump up a little bit.

A decent 150 / 300 would be great for the little truck 8)
LOL............. ;D

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
s ǝoɾ said:
All I know is my impact will turn twice as many rpms and produce 3x as much torque. ;D
LOL. I have one of those too Joe. :p

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Har Har..you guys are a riot ::) :p

I could probably squeeze more out of the engine with enough work.

Maybe go for bigger Injectors, crank the pump up, upgrade to a better turbo, and "cheat" a little bit (is it Methenol or Propane that boosts power?)

Or i could upgrade the top end to the DOHC Common Rail 4D56 setup. I imagine that's a little more complicated than just replacing the Head, IP and associated parts :-\ And at that price i may aswell just stick a 4M40 Diesel in. IIRC it's a 4.0L 4-Cylinder (mitsubitchy) Turbo Diesel engine.

But to be honest, do i really need more under the hood? Aww who am i kidding, more power is always welcome :p Ok it's official, i'm weird :p Who else in their right mind spends time "souping" up a Ram 50 :p

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
ChrisKD said:
Ok it's official, i'm weird :p Who else in their right mind spends time "souping" up a Ram 50 :p
Who ever said you have a right mind? If someone did they were just being nice............ :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts