Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since i was removing the plow on my trail duster,i decided to replace the engine accessory brackets so i would just have the alternator and p/s pump. i got the brackets i needed from a '78 pickup without a/c or emissions equipment. i was at a u-pull-it and found a '84 ram 318 that looked to have the same brackets that i had from the '78 excpet for an additional bracket for the smog pump so i grabbed both pulleys and figured it wouldnt be a big deal to have an extra groove on each pulley. well i went to test fit the pulleys on my motor and the water pump pulley seems to stick out more than the balancer pulley. did i do something wrong? i'm trying to figure out how to fix this.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Which lower pulley do you have a double or triple or quad belt pulley, sounds like you put the water pump pulley backwards or something, they usually always use the 3rd groove, the 1st 2 grooves (closest to the timing cover) are the A/C gooves or alternator groove, the next 1 out or 3rd is the water pump and power steering, usually the air pump rides on a 2nd groove water pump pulley, or older models off the last or 4th groove crank pulley

1 - 4 of 4 Posts