Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there's any sites that could give me some info on the small block 915 and and any other small block heads? I have a chance to get a set of S.B. 915-A heads,( I know that the HOT ones are the J and the X heads). My dad's been looking mostly for the big block parts ( 'cause that's what he knows ), but I've been looking at the small blocks ( 'cause that's what I know ) and I'm needing some info on what's hot and what's not.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I have found, there were two types of 915 heads. One has a 1.88" intake valve, and one has the 2.02" intake valve. I was mainly going to buy these for myself to refurbish and put on my 318 with a little bit of a cam and intake. But I want something that'll give a respectable amount of gain, and not something that'll give the same as what I got now.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what I was wondering is what types or styles there was. Looking at the web link, the big valves that I was thinking of only came through on the 340 engines with the 6 pack and had notched pistons. The search continues to find flow numbers etc. etc. thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Evildriver-3 said:
But anyway i don't know what answers you want to hear i gave you all the correct answers
yea, you're right. Might try using a ball bat to get it in my head next time ;D My dad was talking to the guy on Wednesday and he wants $50 a head = $100 for the pair. They've been setting for awhile and have a little surface rust. But I was going to have them machined anyway. is this a good price for them, or should I keep looking ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.