Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a pair of slotted front brake rotors for my 90 RC 4x4. I found a set, but they are for a 2wd....besides for the hub is a rotor for a 2wd differ from a 4wd? I thought I saw a pair in summit....but all they have are rotors for newer dodges. Thanks.

·
7,995 Posts
Could try JC whitney for these 2 part numbers but you should call to verify application.
L/H-48UJ2853U R/H-48UJ2854B
Brake rotor for 4wd Ram/Ramcharger*
www.jcwhitney.com
Also Raybestos amongst others, makes performance rotors.
www.raybestos.com/usa/rotors.htm#

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JC whitney came up with nothing and couldn't find anything with raybestos. Any other ideas? Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
I bought the ones for my 90 RC from JC Whitney. If they didn't list them on the website, look in one of their print catalogs or call them up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a set on bestbrakes.com. They are $204 for drilled and slotted rotors.

Ramtuff- was there a noticable difference when you installed them on your RC? I mainly wanted a drilled set to keep them from warping. I put a new stock set on and the left front warped within a month. Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
When you called them, I'm guessing you asked them for a Ramcharger application right? Ask for a Ram. I just checked my current print catalog, and they have them listed for Rams. $60.00 a piece for 4X4 application.

And yes, I noticed a big difference with them. I'm hard on brakes, so I was warping stock rotors like crazy. I put the drilled & slotted ones on and never had a problem after that.

Here's a link to the product review I did for the site.
http://ramchargercentral.com/boards/index.php?board=93;action=display;threadid=23344

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
7,995 Posts
The axle and brakes are the same for the RC as the W150...this place makes the rotors that JC Whitney sells using the part numbers below.
http://www.roto-tech.com/epr14.html

From the Whitney site...

Item Description Unit SKU# Price Qty. Order
DRILLED/SLOTTED BRAKE ROTOR EA ZX482853U $59.95

Item Description Unit SKU# Price Qty. Order
DRILLED/SLOTTED BRAKE ROTOR EA ZX482854B $59.95

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will give those part #'s a whirl come morning. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did a search on JC......Used the 48uj2853u number and it pulled up a drilled and slotted rotor for $59.95, just like you said. It didn't say anything about application, the person from JC gave me the same story. I will have to call back and talk to someone else.
Now I am finding another number zx471579x and it pulls up a drilled and slotted rotor for 85'-93 dodge 2wd pickups for $89.99. I know eveything on these trucks are the same. I think ither of these will work......but don't know if the inside hole diameter is any different on a 2wd rotor compared to my 4wd?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Hey Ian, I know you've had them on there for a while, have you seen any stress cracks around the drillings? I can't find it right now, I have to go through my history file, but there's a site that sells slotted rotors, and reccomends against the drilled ones because they get hairline cracks around all the holes. Just wondering about your experience.

Matt {peace}

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
TaZMaNiaK said:
Hey Ian, I know you've had them on there for a while, have you seen any stress cracks around the drillings? I can't find it right now, I have to go through my history file, but there's a site that sells slotted rotors, and reccomends against the drilled ones because they get hairline cracks around all the holes. Just wondering about your experience.

Matt {peace}
Well, I actually sold the truck a few months ago, so I can't say what they look like now, but when I sold it the rotors were still fine...no cracking and no warping. Based on when I wrote my product review though, I had those rotors on for almost a year until I sold the truck.

·
7,995 Posts
moparye said:
I did a search on JC......Used the 48uj2853u number and it pulled up a drilled and slotted rotor for $59.95, just like you said. It didn't say anything about application, the person from JC gave me the same story. I will have to call back and talk to someone else.
Now I am finding another number zx471579x and it pulls up a drilled and slotted rotor for 85'-93 dodge 2wd pickups for $89.99. I know eveything on these trucks are the same. I think ither of these will work......but don't know if the inside hole diameter is any different on a 2wd rotor compared to my 4wd?
2wd rotors have a different size hub than the 4wd rotor. You have to have a 4wd rotor on your truck. The 4wd pickup and RC will use the same rotor(4wd) and the 2wd pickup and RCwill use the same rotor(2wd)...but you cannot use 2wd drive on 4wd or vice versa.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I think I found them. JC had to send me to their tech support line. The guy there was able to pull them right up. The Part # was a little different, but nothing that changed the item it was for. Should have them within a week. I'll let ya all know how it goes. Thanks alot for the help guys !
;D
AJM482853 RT
AJM482854 LT

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
Cool deal. Glad you got it sorted out. Let us know how they work out for you, and feel free to add to the product review I wrote up.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
dont forget to get the performance brake pads jcw sells too. only like $28 a set.

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
StandardByker88 said:
dont forget to get the performance brake pads jcw sells too. only like $28 a set.
Nah, just get Napa's lifetime warranty pads. Free pads for as long as you own the vehicle buddy. ;D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts