Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 85 Ramcharger with a 9 1/4 rear with 3.21 gears and an auburn gear LSD. 318 2bbl 727 and Np 208

i recently put on 31 in BFG all terrain AT KO's

what happened. i started to go down a deep ditch and decided to back up an try a different route.

it was in 2x at the time. i put her in reverse an stepped on the peddle. i heard some spinning and saw some dust flying. lookin in my rearview i could see my driver side rear tire not spinning.

meaning my right rear tire was spinning........ which means my LSD Auburn gear wasnt working in reverse. is that normal?

when i got home i raised the rear end an spun the tires. they did not spin in opposite directions like a open diff does.

so does a LSD only lock up in one direction? or is it time for a new locker?

·
Premium Member
8,689 Posts
its time for a new locker, send that one to me for extended inspection, lol,, it will slip some when traction is near gone to one side, but should still provide some power to the other tire, with my sure grip I would sometimes, while in some way off kilter off road situations , have to give it some brake to allow it to engauge again, after the limited slip started slipping too much. give that a try,, if you do buy a locker, get a selectable of at all possible, and i think the Auburn can be rebuilt if ya want

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not mine. too old. looked into it. thanks.

hmm. gonna have to remember the brake thing. thanks Dman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts