Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The extended cab is the daily driver and the green one is the TOY!

Attachments

·
3,951 Posts
awesome!! cant' wait to see the finished project.
nice daily driver. i used to have a 76 club cab daily driver.
unfortunetly, i sold it years ago.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
So cool, does the green one have a built up motor? And is than ext. cab lowered? Awsome rigs man.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whlnwgn said:
So cool, does the green one have a built up motor? And is than ext. cab lowered? Awsome rigs man.
the green one has a 318 w/ 360 heads and some other goodies from what I remember and yes their both lowered I think the ext. cab has a BB

·
Registered
338 Posts
The green one is lowered with coil springs from a 3/4 ton van with two coils cut off. The motor is a 67 318 short block punched .040 over with flat tops, a set of 360 heads that have been polished a little & port matched with a 460 lift crane came @ 110 lope separation with a holley street dominator intake with a holley 750 carb vacuum secodary.

The club cab is lowered with the one ton control arms, it sat a lot lower than that, but i put in some springs from a 1 ton chevy diesel with one & a half coils cut. I changed out the springs because the roads around me are pretty rough & every once in a while the crossmember would bottom out, & since this is my daily driver I brought it up about two inches. the tire tucked inside the fender about an inch now there is about a half of an inch of space between the top of the tire & wheel well opening. i wish i had taken some pictures before I changed the springs.

The club cab has a BB 400 auto with a/c will soon be painted two tone black & the orange that you see on the truck now. lower trim will be removed & top trim stays. The top half of the truck will be black.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
how much lower is the truck now than when you started? I think I might go for the lower control arms, and go to 3/4 ton springs to go back up a little.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Estwingr said:
Damn, they both look sweet!! That just sold me on the lower control arms,
Jeff
what year is the green truck and what more are you doing to it?

The truck is a 74 model adventurer, I have had the doors modified to accept `02 dakota door handles, i have a 360 partially built for it, I had a blower for it, but that got stolen so i had to rethink the build. I will flip the rear end shortly, it's lowered with 2" drop shackles & the arch spring removed. The interior will be covered in tan tweed & vinyl. Bed stake pockets will be filled. It will be painted dark emerald green & silver about the same way cheeto's truck is painted. Sorry! cheeto I had this paint scheme in my head & paint before I even found this site. Also, i plan on trying to fill the seem in the bed.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Sorry! cheeto I had this paint scheme in my head & paint before I even found this site
Don't sweat it. Patrick (his copper/cream truck was in Sport Truck) probably thinks I stole the paint idea from him. Like you said, I've had the idea in my head for a long time.
Re: the 400/auto. How is it for towing? Engine stock? What rearend ratio? Have a recently rebuilt 400/auto available and been thinking of installing it this winter. You can IM or mail me if you want. Don't want to get off topic here.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I just ordered a set of dakota spindles, I went ahead and bit the bullit & started this experiment. Hopefully they will work, if they do i will test them and let you know how they work.

·
Registered
752 Posts
When Bell-Tech first came out with dropped spindles for the Daks I asked if they would fit a full size. They said they would bolt on but the steering would be too reactive due to steering arm placement. In other words, a small correction at the steering wheel results in a big change of direction at the tires. Just a word of caution when test driving after installation. :-\

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
cheeto said:
When Bell-Tech first came out with dropped spindles for the Daks I asked if they would fit a full size. They said they would bolt on but the steering would be too reactive due to steering arm placement. In other words, a small correction at the steering wheel results in a big change of direction at the tires. Just a word of caution when test driving after installation. :-\

·
Registered
568 Posts
nice looking trucks bro!

I'm thinking of some new mods for my Ram. Stock Floor Body Drop! Pretty much just cutting down the top of the frame, reinforcing the frame and repositioning the body mounts lower down. I'd also Z up the front cross member so it lays out flat. I'm going to try to round up a spare frame to experiment on.

Let us know how those spindles turn out!

-kev

1 - 20 of 40 Posts