Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i am getting ready to swap my slant to a 440 in my 1986 4x4 w-150. i have the 4 speed man. i am tryin to get all the lil parts i will need to do the swap. i have the engine mounts and a 440 truck bellhousing. what all can u guys think of tha i need? i know i need a new brake booster instead of my pancake one, but i have yet to find one. hint hint :p. will my PS pump from the slant work on the 440? what about the backets from the 440 which is from a car, can i reuse them to mount the pump for my truck? any other other things i might need please feel free to add. thanks

mark

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
looks like you have the majority of it all, if your pump on the 6 is the same design then it will bolt on in the stock location on the 440, might have to loop the hoses or go shorter on the pressure hose, no biggy though. are you using headers? as for the booster most of the one ton trucks used the smaller but longer booster that your looking for, so might try a bone yard if your not wanting to buy new. both sets of holes are there in your rig already so no biggy on the mounts, everything else should be direct bolt in on 90 and older.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. m880 so i will need to find some new PS backets? the motor came from a '78 car.

thanks

mark

·
5,657 Posts
dogdigger said:
thanks guys. m880 so i will need to find some new PS backets? the motor came from a '78 car.

thanks

mark
Most likely, but you can always install the engine and see if the PS brackets will fit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i was looking at the PS pump and the bracket is for a pump using AC i am not and it looks like i wont be able to use the brackets. does anyone have 440 truck brackets they want to sell? other than that the motor is ready to go. i had some motivation today and got the alt brackets and the wires on. and pulleys. also will my slant six starter work? thanks

mark

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks, i am kinda trying to avoid spending 75 on a bracket though, i already have 6 grand plus in the motor. i found them on ebay for 50 but i am trying to be cheap :).

mark

·
5,657 Posts
dogdigger said:
thanks, i am kinda trying to avoid spending 75 on a bracket though, i already have 6 grand plus in the motor. i found them on ebay for 50 but i am trying to be cheap :).

mark
Well i was in the same boat s you on the PS bracket i tried for ever to get a cheap one but ran out of time. I wanted to make RamJam so i just bit the bullet and bought one. But you can still look in J/Y or you can try and make the SB PS bracket work i tried to make mine work but could never to get it to work. Or you can make one.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Heres an idea look for an RV wrecking yard. The old motorhomes have 440's in them so you should be able to get the bracket you need. Some body corect me if this wont work because I'm looking for missing parts on my 440 also and there few and far between it the yards out here

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i didnt recognize it, but i figured u were. my slant is slightly modded too ;) nice truck by the way

mark

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i picked up a powersteering pump and brackets on ebay for $60.. so that is the last thing i need to get this big block beast on the road. i cant wait to feel 500 plus horse :D

mark

1 - 16 of 16 Posts