Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After dialing it in at 25, 50 and 100 yards this was ths last grouping I got. Not to bad for my 2rd time ever shooting a gun.

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Nice Nate. Nice group.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks cooper, It took some rounds LOL to get it there but it got it.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes that was at 100 yards. LOL It only took mre a few hundrid rounds, But I think I have =it dialed in. I might go back and dial it in at 50 yards because I dont hunt so it would only be for the odd shooting session.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was with a 4 power scope.

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
for only your second time ever shooting a gun and with an SKS that isnt to bad at all nate.

was that off of sandbags? with or without a sling? military surplus ammo? or american factory loadings?

eric

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It has a bi pod mounted to it. With out a sling and it was russian millitary surplus non corossiave lead core hollow point. I bought a box of wolf brand and theay shot like crap.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We are going to be having one opf thoe's gun and doll show's comming through in october. I am probily going to buy a few 1000 rounds. I here you can get them really cheep.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
You would be amazed at the price of sks/ak rounds at gun shows. They almost pay you to buy them

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That what I heard. I am going to but a few cases. I am even thinking of selling my sks and buying a russian one. Mine is a Chinese made one. I here the russian ones are better made.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Keep the Chinese one man. They aren't really THAT bad. I've seen a lot of Russian SKS rifles that were crap and overpriced. If you do go looking for a Russian SKS, make sure the barrel is chrome lined. The Ruskies had a habit of skipping that part. ::)

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cool, will do.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The Chinese ones are the as shooters. The older Norincos with the screwed in barrels that I had were realy tack drivers with the Norinco ammo that yo cant get here anymore. Also gun shows and Ebay are overflowing with spare parts that are mostly chinese. I have a pinned bareel Chinese "paratrooper" SKS (16" barrel) that is hands down my favorite rifle next to my .22s. I paid like $60.00 back in 1995 and shoots literaly crates of ammo through it every year without a hickup of any kind.

HEY with the ban ended can I now re-attach my evil chinese bayonett back on it?

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
HEY with the ban ended can I now re-attach my evil chinese bayonett back on it?
In 1 word, YES.

You could always have the bayonet attached as long as your evil features did not amount to more than 2, IE: 30rd detach mag and flash hider. Anything more than 2 and it was suddenly evil. ::)

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's what happened to me, I had the 30 round clip and flash supressor, si The guy that I bought it from took a hack saw to the bayonet holder. The crapy thing is i still cant use the 30 round clip. ilegal in CA. The fedrial weapons ban does not affect CA. This is the shitty part. We have our own bans, so it did nothing for me.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
He hacked off the bayonet lug? Oh yes, I too had a SKS paratrooper with a hacked off bayonet lug...then again it was designed to accept AK 47 magazines. ;D Guess the lug was 1 evil feature too many, LOL!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts