Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When browsing this board and finding a topic of interest I like to open it in a new window (IE5). The problem is that the new window is only a quarter the size of the original (parent?) window. To be able to see anything I have to constantly click on 'maximize' to see the whole page.

Is there a setting I can make somewhere which will always open a new window as full size?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
To set the default IE startup size:
Starting with no browsers open, double-click the big blue e icon on your desktop. Next, click the maximize button in the upper right-hand corner. Next, close your browser.

This should set your default size to maximize, or at least that's how it's supposed to work internally. There are lots of things out there that goof up IE and it's defaults, like AOL, EarthLink, etc.

To set the default IE spawn size (windows that open after IE is already open):
Click on the link that opens a new browser. Manually re-size and re-position the window to your liking, but do not use the maximize command. Close the spawned window.

This also should work, but it's hard to keep. IE tries to remember it's last state, but for some reason only known to the Microsoft Gods, maximize and minimize are ignored. What can you do...

It's also possible for a web master to set the size of the browser window you're opening, so this won't work on every page you open. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To set the default IE spawn size (windows that open after IE is already open):
Click on the link that opens a new browser. Manually re-size and re-position the window to your liking, but do not use the maximize command. Close the spawned window.

Like I always say, "Fixing it's easy, it's finding it that's hard". I saw when resizing the spawned window that the maximize box had two rectangles in it, ie., already maximized. Never noticed it before. Duh! Anyhow, clicked on that to revert to one rectangle, resized THAT window and now spawned windows open at full size. :(

I miss my Netscape!

Thank you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mopar4x said:
To set the default IE startup size
My daughter just downloaded IE6, since her paranoid, stick-in-the-mud father never would, and it works correctly right 'outta the box'. Cool :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
it has been my experience that IE remembers the size of the last window you closed just before the last time you shut down your system. soooo, make sure you close the one you like best last and restart or reboot. works every time for me. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ramchargergrrrl90 said:
IE remembers the size of the last window you closed
Yes, I saw that too, I just couldn't figure out what was going on!

I also found out that the download of IE6 brought with it a little spyware add-on, presumably to report back to the mother ship about my comings and goings on the internet. I found it when I ran a newly updated version of Ad-Aware. :mad: Grr!

·
Registered
0 Posts
blue85prspctr said:
I miss my Netscape!
Why would you miss NutScrape? Personal preferences I presume. I've never liked Netscape.......

Randall

1 - 7 of 7 Posts