Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been mentioned once before in another Ram Jam topic but nothing ever really became of it. Is this still a realistic idea? I think Sam began the initial post so does anyone have anymore interest?

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, well I lost out on that entirely hehe :) I know at least Michael and I would be interested, and one other person in another post wanted to get more information about it, so I think we could actually arrange it. But we will still need someone around the KS area to figure out the best place for us to eat after we get a count of people that will actually committ to showing up.

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
You can count me in for it.

Ian

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So are we gonna try to do this?

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
I say lets set up a day and a place and do it. Who ever wants to come can come. As long as it isn't Friday night I'll be there.

Ian

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If we want to keep this exclusive to the site contributors, it will be hard to keep it that way if we set it up right in the middle of the event. Other members will either follow the trucks, see the trucks, or just find out when and where dinner is and come along. While that isn't a bad thing, it may take a little more planning and/or an earlier or later date before or after RJ to just meet the site contributors. Did that make sense?

We still need a KS member to scope out places for us and get a final count so s/he can call and make reservations, if possible.

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
Yeah, I see your point.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I think that after the event would be a really good idea... Find a spot and have everyone that can get to the dinner meet there at a certain time..
Brian

·
Registered
903 Posts
Either before or after RJ is okay with me, but Brian was saying that maybe after would be better because everyone would already be there....just my .02 for what it's worth. Will be there either way.
Shannon

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah we'll be there either way so before or after isn't going to make much of a difference to us, but I think after would be a good idea because like she said we'll already be there.

·
Founder
25,710 Posts
Some people will be leaving on Sunday though. The event is really going to be Fri thru Mon, but I am sure most will leave Sunday.

Another thing to think about, Fri is going to be that big fireworks show, so we can't miss that.

Actually I don't care if all members came really, might be kinda cool to fill up a restaraunt with RCC members :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
This will definately have to be in Manhatten. Randolph is so big you can blink and miss it. I'll have to check and see what kinda restaurants they have up there with banquet rooms and such. What kind of meal we talkin about? McD's or something a little more. I'm sure we don't want anything like $25+ per plate. I'm sure the restaurant wouldn't mind though ;D

Randall

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Everyone should go but we "the few" (and snobby ;) ) should have our own table.

Back in my military days, we would have big dinners where the peasants (me) would be at the floor tables and the Colonels, wives, and guest speakers would be at the "head table" at the front of the room and slightly elevated.

Rules were, no one could eat or drink until the highest ranking wife or husband had been served and started to eat. Punishment was a trip to the "grog".

We don't have to get too fancy but I like the idea of having any RCC's there but we should have a slight exclusionary air about us to encourage others to donate time effort and $$$ to the site.

We drink Michelob and the rest suck it up with Schaefer Lite!

No worries

Chris (rookie)

·
Super Moderator
9,424 Posts
I'll be there, where ever a dinner is planned. Randall, Please check out their salsa, or pico-de-gallo, so I'll know whether I have to bring my own.

Chris,
My favorite "Dining In" was BDU's and waterguns around the mobility field kitchen and "banquet hall", set up just for the occasion... I have no idea what was for dinner... ??? the punchbowl was awesome... ! ::) ;D :-X
But the Dining Out grog bowl is pretty tame these days, what with the full court press against drunk driving. Our CE Squadron just lost two airmen last week... partying in town, which will further reinforce the decrease in drinking.

So Sam, Randall, Can we find a local school bus contractor to haul tipsy members to and from the restaurant :p ?

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
dodge88 said:
This will definately have to be in Manhatten. Randolph is so big you can blink and miss it.
Not that Manhatten is very big itself, despite its name. I stayed in Manhatten a few years ago. We were in a motel right next to Walmart, and across the street was a Sonic drive in. I don't really care for Sonic's food, but it would be riot to see ever parking stall at Sonic filled with a Dodge. ;D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts