Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Signed up for Classifieds, but when i sign in and click ADD AD, it tells me to sign in again. What am I doing wrong?

AJ

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
it's the same for me, but it redirects me about 1 or 2 seconds later to the inside...

above the login fields "username" and "password" does it perhaps read something like "you are now logged in as username"?

then the redirect just does not work, for some technical reason and you need to click the link where it says "Click here to continue into your administration area".

But now, while writing this I checked this script again, and yes, there is an error, or at least something that does not make sense at all. Maybe Sam wants to change this, probably after RamJam....

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
the "error" is, that the script does always a reroute via the member_login.php file, and then gets rerouted automatically...but sometimes this rerouting seems not to work, probably because of some browser features....

doesn't really make sense to me, but that's just me....

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
funny thing...just tried it....went via "member login", and then clicked on "add ad"....ending on the login page w/o being logged in...in it works every time I do it this way.....

just another suggestion: would it be easier to write something like this yourself? custom made o to speak?...just a thought, that way you also could handle the same login as on the board...

·
Administrator
26,859 Posts
well, since I don't know very much PHP, the question would be could you write something like this? ;D

I would very much like to do that, another option would be we could add an expiration option to certain boards, then we could use the Message Board as a classifieds like we use to have. Just set those boards with a 30 day expire time for posts.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
technically....shouldn't be that big of a deal to write the application....but it takes some time to also add some kind of admin-interface also.

second, with the message board...I gues this wouldn't be a bad idea, since I think the "classified" section was more often frequented while it was integrated in the message board on the old board than it is now, but this is just a feeling, don't have facts to back that up....

·
Administrator
26,859 Posts
Actually the classifieds has alot of traffic, but I think people liked the fact they could ask questions directly on the board.

I wonder how hard it would be to add fields to board that are required, like location, price, etc.

This will be something I look into after Ram Jam. I almost 100% positive I can't do this by myself, so be prepared for questions ;D

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
;D guess you know how and where to find me....but I'm going on vacation end of august ;D

but overall, from what I can see, it should not be that hard:

just add some more required fields in the input form for the classified section
then do the timing issue and all follow up messages in the thread are getting the same input form as the rest of the board. so basically, since you probably don't want to win a design award in best coding it shouldn't be too complicated.

only interesting part would be the time out for messages, there are different ways to do this, one easy one would be: make a termination date field in the DB, and just test your query on this.

as i said, quick and dirty, but it works ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts