Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
NAPA , OR a good auto-body supply shop , those are used on both carburetor linkage and door rods like your's , there are a few different styles , "left" and " right"  ( it matters) they have picture books ..... to select from .

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked with napa and they said all they carry is a dorman rod assortment. They have the plastic usual rod clips but not this particular one?

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
That is the lever that is on the back of the lock cylinder.  It's not a clip, it's just a lever with a hole in it that the linkage rod hooks into.  Should be Mopar part number 5257153 which appears to still be a good number, or you can just get one from a junkyard lock cylinder.  Note that the part is the same for both doors, but is flipped over when installed on the lock cylinder so it works for both sides.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
  IF it is (IF) a plastic goes thru the hole with the rod then clips to rod end your looking for ....  try the ones LMC has listed for the tailgate latch rods .

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
It's not a clip, you can tell that by the shape of the rod. The clips are used on the other end of the rod where it just has a 90° bend in it to hold the rod. The lever just has a hole in it, and the dogleg of the rod sticks through it and is held by the bends. The lever looks a bit like the "345" ones at this link for a E-body trunk lid:

http://www.hoffmanswinnerscircle.com/23_body.htm

All of them I have seen on D/W series and anything from the era were metal levers but the one in the OP's pic looks plastic, which would be unusual to me. It may just be the way the pic is lighted though.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
I got ya , a zig zag on that end , fits both sides by flipping the whole thing at the e clip ...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's exactly the one "345". Nice, at least I know if I can't find one at the yard I can online purchase it. Win. I was getting frustrated on something so small, I was about to tac weld it.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
The "345" one is for the trunk lid of a Barracuda or Challenger, it's not going to be the same as the one in your truck.  It might work, but I'd guess the length is a bit different and the rod hole may be a different size.  It could also be offset, which I am a little confused by your current lever being offset as I don't think any I have seen in a truck are.  It's possible something got changed at some point in the past.  Either way it shouldn't be too hard to find the correct lever as they were used on pretty much all of the D/W series trucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.