Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a few years since I posted anything here, more like a decade.  I've been out of the scene for quite awhile.  I recently acquired a 76 W200 for my son's first truck.  There are lap belts in the truck but no shoulder belts or any provisions to mount them.  There was a provision to mount shoulder belts in my 73 but this one doesn't ever have the hole.  Has anyone ever retrofitted shoulder belts into a non shoulder belt truck before?  I've been looking around the internet and searched on here and can't find anything. 

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm up against the same thing with my 75. 

My plan is to scrounge junkyards for a good set of 3 point belts, and then weld the proper sized nut onto as large a piece of plate steel as I can fit into the hollow channel behind the door, drill the hole in the right spot, and bolt it in. 

shouldnt be technically difficult.  but, I havent done it yet either

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Now, there's a name I haven't seen in awhile. Welcome back. As for the seat belts, there's also the option of replacing the seats with seats that have the integrated seat/shoulder belts. Both my 2000 and 2001 Dodge trucks had those.
Just an idea.

Mike

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it's been awhile. I've been out of the scene for a long while. I had my life fall apart and had to put it back together from scratch. I thought about those dodge seats but I want to keep it as original as possible

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I know it's a Chevy but I'm thinking of doing something similar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.