Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light of a few post we have had over the past few months, should I do a How To about buying vheciles sight unseen ....... there are several tricks to doing this properly and things to look out for. ...... i spent several years working for a Guy that sold Mopar Muscle cars and learned several "tricks of the trade" to make cars look alot better than they actuly are in photos, and how to word adds to for lack of a better term Desceive the buyer. (im an honest person and thats a big reason im out of the business)
I was thinking of taking pics of varous vheciles and then show another photo of what was hid in the picture and how ..... also explaning what ways a discription can be given without comiting to anythign ........ and following that up with how to keep from being taken ....... It will be a long how to but from what i have seen lately I think it may be helpful to alot of members ......... what do ya'll think? David

·
Registered
903 Posts
I think that sounds like a great idea. Especially if it's going to save some members lots of disappointments when they end up getting something totally different from what they believed it was going to be.
Shannon

G

·
I think that is a great idea Sas. I read those ads over pretty carefully and also look at the pictures real good but I'm sure I'm missing stuff.

Chris

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Sounds like a good idea to me. I usually trust the pics on ebay, but know it could be worse. You have to anticipate that it could be bad. I like the idea sasquach

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Well, that is part of the reason I won't get stuff off of e-bay so I like the idea!!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i guess i have to get busy, it will take a while to put toghether .... but i will make it known when it is up and ready. David

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
This sounds like a great idea! Also, with over 6,000 people scattered across our great nation, what a resourse! Get together with chapter leaders to help network above and beyond what we do already. Volenteers can sign up for their particular region to help out whom ever is looking. I know I'd trust alot of our members much more so than a faceless add with a picture that seems almost too good to be true. Any thoughts?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts