Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you fellow N.Y. area guy's / girls into shooting sports or just do a little target shooting ?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Evildriver_3 said:
Any of you fellow N.Y. area guy's / girls into shooting sports or just do a little target shooting ?
I love to shoot. I just don't have anywhere to do it at anymore. When I was in Washington state, I lived 1 mile from a shooting range. I was there at least once a week.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used to target shoot in matches, but i now i need more time, i still go to the range here i have a few all within about 20 minutes for the furthest 1, i hunt as much as possible got a deer this year, also hunt small game to and turkey and sometimes crow when they annoy me long enough

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also hunt. Bad season this year though with the rain and fog. Saw a 6 Pt. this bow season but was unable to take the shot with my long bow from the stand I was in. I shoot as often as I can. Need it for work. If it moves, I hunt it

G

·
I've been thinking about picking up a little ruger 10/22 just to do some target shooting... also considering on getting my pistol permit too

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well whenever your ready let me know

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Hey Marty, How about a RCC NY chapter shooting match up at your land?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We could do that, but then i really have to meet all that want to be involved in something like that 1st, i don't want to sound like a prick (not directed toward you Bogie) but i have heard people say i know what im doing, and without a long story im lucky im still here without holes and breathing. I would rather meet everyone involved in that at a range 1st

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No no not calverton, unless you have been there in the last week and can tell me it has changed drastically, but i go to a much nicer range on rt25 just past WF pkwy, unfortunately i can't make it this weekend but next weekend looks good (be at mom and dads house this weekend)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
quote author=Evildriver-3 link=board=79;threadid=5258;start=0#323212 date=1071090948]
We could do that, but then i really have to meet all that want to be involved in something like that 1st, i don't want to sound like a prick (not directed toward you Bogie) but i have heard people say i know what im doing, and without a long story im lucky im still here without holes and breathing. I would rather meet everyone involved in that at a range 1st
I will agree with that.Thr range is a good place to meet there are set rules keeps things in order

Evildriver-3 said:
No no not calverton, unless you have been there in the last week and can tell me it has changed drastically, but i go to a much nicer range on rt25 just past WF pkwy,
Yeah defintly go to that place screw calverton ;D

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK lets set up a date, damn this sucks Ramit is moving the following weekend, then the weekend after that lets see if we can agree on that, i believe i said i would help you ramit on the move to greenport, no beer for me though thanks

G

·
the move should be pretty quickly it should be a one load dump and run if you want to go shooting... just boxes of stuff...

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ramit84 said:
the move should be pretty quickly it should be a one load dump and run if you want to go shooting... just boxes of stuff...
What day though you got the 22nd in that post that is monday

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
What kind of firearms you guys gonna be shooting? I used to shoot semi-frequently (.22's and a Beretta 92), but I'm no gun expert, and it's been quite awhile, so I wouldn't be against a refresher course or supervision (per Marty's request...safety definately comes first). I'm pretty busy lately (helping to take care of my sick grandmother), but if you guys don't mind a PA'er tagging along, I'll try to re-arrainge my schedule.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok that would be cool we gotta all figure out a date to meet that is good for all i know this weekend is gonna be helping ramit move and the next weekend with Christmas and New Years might not be such a good idea, and the weather has to be figured in also

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Planing on going on Sunday 2-29-04 about 1pm depending on weather will be out by you Marty

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok Rick i'll give you a call tomorrow some time

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anyone else!!! last call!!! we'll be at the range located on rt 25 off of and east of the William Floyd parkway about 1.5 mile or a touch more, we will be gathering there at 1:00 pm Long island shooting range brookhaven

1 - 20 of 27 Posts