Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 dodge w250 with the cummins
I have a shackle flip and 63 inch chevy springs in the rear.
I took the rear springs built by Alcan to eliminate the block in the rear and put them in the front, moving the spring mount forward four inches.
The axle to frame measurement in the front is 14 and 1/2, stock is 9 and 1/2, so roughly a five inch lift.
The rear seems to work out to about a 4 and1/2 inch lift.

Suspension work has been done to hopefully make truck ride better and something to do since it gets dark at 4:30 this time of year.  Not going four wheeling with this truck, except forest service roads.

Trying to purchase Bilstein 5100 shocks and cannot get the same answer as to what works. Would appreciate part numbers if someone knows them, also open to advice about other shocks that would work well.
Thanks

·
Registered
1977 W-200 318-727-203
417 Posts
In 2000 I went with my standard M-880 (W-200) for a roadtrip, holiday,overlandtrip or whatever you call it to Libia (before the war) I had a trip of 10.000Km in one month, with 85% desert and off road, had only in the front 1 extra add a leaf, and in the rear the standard leafs, 6 standard Ford 235-85R16 "steelbelted"The oem tires, worn for 50% with a innertube and Rancho rs9000 shockers these were new, and during the trip they weeped a littlebit oil around the rod, but if you saw what they were subjected to!!! from those 10.000 km at least 1000 was washboard piste (badly corrugated road), and whole days long in the fine yellow sahara sand, a few day's between the rocks (everything from golf balls to small oildrums and all, ) and during the day's a temperature of 50 centigrade in the shade.

They took a bashing, for sure. and I would take them again without thinking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.