Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--- sorry im no photographer

--- you can kinda see the angle of the spring here and why you'll need to shim the pinion down.

--- this is the bracket from shaggy's

thanks mrpeal for fixing these!!! if you want fullsize images so you can see the details better e-mail me..... the files were way to large to post on the site without re-sizing them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and this is the new HD dana 70 rear axle im putting under when its done. got this for 200 bucks complete.... crumby 3.07 ratio but randys ring and pinion is gonna fix that with some 4.10's and a lock right locker. this thing is HUGE

·
Registered
447 Posts
Looks good.........Gonna be sweet when its done.......So whats your total lift gonna be?

front and rear..........Whats size rubber?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3" body lift..... springs are roughly 4"..... without the rear block the flip still gave me about 1" and the axle is actually taller itself at the perches for another 1/2" and a 1/2" thick shim........so total 8-9" lift (at this point i just say its big im losing track of inches)

right now running on 31" tires..... (very tiny) but im only going up to a 33" x12.50 when its done..... waiting on driveshaft parts switching everything over to massive rockwell 1410 stuff. everything is being bullet proofed times 10. making a set of top plates for u-bolt flip and gonna run big 3/4" u-bolts. and since the axle is about 200 pounds heavier than stock im gonna put suspension straps on it just in case it gets airborne and wants to fly free from the truck.

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
looking good.8" is the perfect amount of lift in my opinion. but why only 33s?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
massive tires dont seem to do as well on sandy trails. small tires with lots of room for flex seem to get the job done better....

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
looking Great Bill ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yup..... cant wait in 2 years i gotta go for inspection again and there gonna fail me before i even pull up. NJ is very picky about modifying vehicals. im probably gonna end up buying a older dodge truck for the title and swapping vin's so i can register my 89 as a classic... classic's dont have to go through inspection

·
Registered
447 Posts
Bill..........do your reasearch first on that classic shezzit...

If your gonna get QQ plates, like i wanted for my 74 i think they can still bust your balls on inspection...

If its lifted, its a unsafe vehicle as far as they see it.......I was told you still would need stability papers......

Plus the limited driving, to and from shows only and limited mileage for the year............

just my 02. cents

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.