·
Registered
11,397 Posts
bad pic,but nice truck! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay so .. you guys see the crappy ass silver stripe.. how do i take it off?

god i hate that stupid thing.. it makes my truck look like crap =0(

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Uh oh! better get Maaco! ;D

is that one of them adhesive backed side strips? If it is, there is a product that you can get that will remove it without harming the paint. Next time I go into town I'll get the name for ya unless someone here already knows what it is.

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
if the stripe is not under a clear coat you can soften it up by spending some time wiping it with an acetone soaked towel.then with a hair dryer carefuly scrape the stripe off with a 3M scotch pad,try to not scratch the paint as much as possible.then you'll have to compound and buff the area and then the whole truck several times decreaseing the courseness in the compound each time until the whole truck is one color again.then wax it a few times.alot of work i know but you said you wanted it gone.this will get it gone with out a new paint job$$$$$.nice rig by the way.

Michael

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
If its a pin stripe you can get a rubber wheel to put in a drill that will take it off. Its kinda like a pencil eraser.

·
Registered
97 Posts
cool truck, i like to go out to 9 mile or the mesa with mine. wish we had more mud. only mud i've found in burque though is by the waterpark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts