Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sounded like some of the AZ chapter members were a GO with an on-pavement meeting at the Scottsdale Pavillions on a Saturday night. There is a car show every weekend that most of you have probably attended once in the past. If not, it is something you should see. It revolves around the Rock&Roll McDonalds. I think it has been touted as the worlds largest ongoing (every week) car show. I have seen some Superbirds and Datonas out there before.

It is west of the 101 on Indian Bend. (Note - Not Indian School).

I was thinking of either Sept 28 or Oct 5 as a possibility, around 5pm. You could bring something to show or just come to meet some more RCC members. The show is on the North side of Indian Bend but there are restuarants on both sides. As I recall there is a "5 & Diner" on the south side.

Edit: Just changed the Subject to reflect the meeting date.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I think we'd be up for checkin' out the rides in the show and then grabbin' something to eat.

GP's got drill on Oct 5th, but we may be able to still work it out, unless he's flying. The weekend of Sept. 28th appears to be open for us.

Let us know when is best for you all, and we'll see if we can swing it! Looking forward to meeting some more of our members! ;D 8)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am leaning towards Sept 28 for the Pavillions. Hopefully by then I will also have some detailed info from the Crown King trip. I saw that the proposed date is Oct 12 for the AZ Chapter run and an Oct 5 meeting might me too close to this date.

I will be looking forward to hearing a scouting report from the Superstitions too.

I will bring my RC to the meeting, not sure if I will show it or not.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey, man! The Pavillions thing sounds cool!
I know what everyone's thinking..."I don't have a show truck!" I love my truck and I've been out there before, but I don't have the nerve to show it. HOWEVER...if we all show up as a group, especially with a few "Ramcharger.com" stickers, then we're talkin fun. Perhaps we'll meet a lot of people who'll want to get involved.
Or just burgers would be fine,too. ::)

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Pavillions sounds like a GRRRREAT idea to me ::)!!! (I know...kinda corney, but HEY!!!) The TigerRam is up for any chance to "show-off"!!! ;D I'd be up for any Saturday...I get done work @ 3:30pm, so...5pm would be perrrrrfect. (okay enough of the cat jokes). Let me know what you guys come up with...
Jeff

·
Registered
943 Posts
Although the Ramus is just fine and fantastic for me, I don't think he's up to show quality...yet. We'll just stick with perusing the other Mopars and chow on some good food. Besides, I've got to start getting some ideas for my Challenger restoration! ;D

Any of our gang that does enter their truck into the show will definitely have the support of the rest of the gang.

This is next weekend already, so let's keep in touch about it!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My suggestion would be to meet at 5pm in front of the Home Depot. (Its like a second home to me anyway, seems like I spend half of my money/time in there.) From there we could park (some for show) the vehicles and then pick a restuarant. Home Depot is on the North side of Indian Bend and should be the first thing you see when coming from the 101 highway.

There are a lot of food joints to choose from and I can't even remember half of them.

So, we are on for Sept. 28 (Saturday) at 5pm - Scottsdale Pavillions. I will have my cell phone with me.
480-694-2021

·
Registered
423 Posts
Well, I certainly don't have a showable truck. I was wondering if we were there as a club (even rough around the edges) & not a show, others may not be intimidated about joining us with their Ramchargers in the future. Perhaps we could park off to the side of the show as a group. Of course, this may be a geeky idea and if you know me, I never seem to let that stop me! 8) So I'm cool with whatever.

Except Azindyram! That tiger truck's gotta be seen!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ohhh....don't you worry about it...5pm will give me just enough time to get home from work & make sure the tiger's nice & purrrrty!!!!
Jeff ;D

·
Registered
423 Posts
oh,no.no.no.

No discrimination on vehicles. Truth be known, I own both a Ford AND a Chevy...what's worse... they're.... um... well... they're both vans!!! There, I said it! :-X

No I just want to see some of our rides, I guess. I'll just bring the Ford and you can park your ricer in the back, AZTD! ;D

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Me and the Twister are planning to come. I don't know what we'll bring - maybe the tow truck ;D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ohh Ohh Ohh
Yea Yea Yea
Da tow truck!......bring da tow truck!!!

I saw your pics on that... I love it! :D :D :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
;DWe'll be there, but only if GP brings the tow truck. LOL
Sounds like fun I may have to wash old yeller and armorall the tires. 8)

Todd

·
Registered
423 Posts
heck, I was hoping you'd stand on the curb and reenact it with sound effects and all! Sorry you won't be there, bro

·
Registered
537 Posts
Make room for my 440 Ramcharger. See ya'll there around 5ish.

·
Registered
660 Posts
So are we on tonight @ the Rock N Roll McD's?? Who is gonna be there? Looks like the fince and me are gonna make it. Wanna know who to look for.

Ryan

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
We're coming - me, Twister, Neuget (Mark) and the boys. Bringing the Ramus as the tow truck has a flat right front, and no license plate.

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
I got one operable wiper....luckily it's on my side.

·
Super Moderator
5,026 Posts
Hey, I see all you guys in here! We're getting ready to leave for Scottsdale!

azindyram, colossus_ram, Ibad84, AZ-trailduster, I see all you!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts