Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a trans temp gauge on my 88 rc 4x4. The gauge comes with a sending unit that goes inside the oil pan. Does anyone know if the stock oil pan cover will have to be replaced? The gauge is an electronic one from Autometer.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
yu need to have a bushing or fitting brazed thru the side of your tx pan. the temp sending unit will screw into the bushing and a wire hooks up to the guage. i think the sender has to gnd to the pan, (not completly sure about that) so sealer on the threads may be a problem. i have one install in a 727. works well. i am able to remove the sender and use it for a drain plug as well. that gets most of the old fluid out and helps with spilling prob when removing pan to chg filter/adj bands. good luck --jimk--

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Yes you can, but I don't know which one tho...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm doing it the way sheriff describes in his post. Thanks sheriff...

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
should have gotten a mechanical and put it in line to the rad

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish I had and I thought I was when I ordered it from Summit. It was my oversight though!

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
the one i have is elect.. i used a brass t ...in line to the rad. works good ,it is a b&m gauge get a t 5/16at each end/w farrels top to accept sending unit .. thats how mine is hooked or on the 89 .... quinn

·
Registered
149 Posts
rampar410 said:
the one i have is elect.. i used a brass t ...in line to the rad. works good ,it is a b&m gauge get a t 5/16at each end/w farrels top to accept sending unit .. thats how mine is hooked or on the 89 .... quinn
I have done this with an electric sending unit as well. Works fine...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts