Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gotta sell off my stash of stuff to survive... :p

15x10 4.5x5 5 lug rims i took off my 79 RC... fits the 70's half ton trucks = $100

front and rear seats out of a trailduster that are in very very good shape- $150

dash out of a trailduster.. set up for A/C - $75

front and rear 1/2 ton axles out of the RC front needs new bearings on the passenger side front is setup up with locking hubs 3.55 gears -$50

a 360 engine that was rebuilt by mopar65pa had a oil leak issue but otherwise it ran great. setup with a 4bbl intake- $200

entire setup for putting A/C in a 70's ramcharger or truck- $75

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Tell me more about the motor - how many miles since the rebuild?  Oil leak... rear main seal?  Stock bore, or bored out, etc...

I'm down in the flatlands, but could use another trip up Flat Rock way.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
madurobob said:
Tell me more about the motor - how many miles since the rebuild? Oil leak... rear main seal? Stock bore, or bored out, etc...

I'm down in the flatlands, but could use another trip up Flat Rock way.
the motor was rebuilt and i put it in in december of last year i believe... i put about 800-900 miles on it i think.. and i never got around to figuring out what the oil problem was.. it has heads with fresh lapped valves and seals and many other things..( i cant remember all everything that was done too it)

i was going to rebuild it into a torquey motor for the 435 but now im just looking to get it out of the yard and pay some bills :p

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Cool - was the bottom end done, too, do you know?  New crank bearings, cam bearings?

I'm definitely interested - just trying to understand how much I might have to do to it before I drop it in my 89 in place of the 318 with 280K miles.

I'm about a month away from being able to pick it up, so I can't help out with immediate bills, but you can count on me for later this year.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
madurobob said:
Cool - was the bottom end done, too, do you know? New crank bearings, cam bearings?
honestly im not sure :-\ i would have to ask the guy who built it what all was done again.

if i was going to do it id be starting from the ground up with new cam... intake.. just the works. ;)

i do know it has a new oil and water pump on it ;D

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Thats a real nice front bumper, worth at least $400 8)

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
only old RC stuff.. although i know a guy who what cruise control on a RC but its probably too old

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Too bad you live so far away, I'm looking for all original seats to go in my 77 RC. I have some highbacks out of an 80's but REALLY want the 70's. And of course mine doesn't even have a rear.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
stoth47 said:
Have an '85 3/4 ton and my cruise control servo leaks vacuum - need a good working used replacement unit, mopar# 4241551. Pic attached. Do you have one available? Thanks.
I think i have one of those that i pulled out of a 3/4 or 1-Ton 80's Ram Van to use in my Duster. It's still laying in the trunk of my Duster (i used a 70''s Cruise setup for the ease of "plug n play" and stock appearence)

Sorry that i jacked your selling thread, spence ;)

·
Registered
652 Posts
did you ever get further information on the engine?

such as what all was done on the rebuild?

top end, bottom end, or where the oil was leaking from?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts