Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe that I'm writting this, but I'm selling my Dodge. Most of you can tell that I've been quite the homebody since Jessi came along. We like it that way! It's real funny how much your perspective changes when you become a parent. Don't worry, we'll be back, it's just that 'wheelin isn't in the near future for us and we needed a road tripping vehicle instead, so we got a Suburban.

Anyhow, for those of you that have seen this rig give me an idea of what I should ask for it?

If you're interested in buying it though, your not allowed to answer! ;D

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Please...say it aint so!

Suburbans are cool trucks...thats what i was looking for when i got my traliduster.

i think you could get $4,000 or so for it, but i will take it off your hands for $500 right now! I've got the money sealed in an envelope labeled "transmission" ;D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You gonna through in the envelope?

Yea, the Burb is a two wheel drive- white with ice cold duel a/c. Great when you have to stick a baby in the back facing the other way! Black Dodges are not so good in this area. although it is a grocery getter, it is a 3/4 ton 454- just couldn't go all the way in the practical department!

Andi says we should ask $8000 and go down. But that sounds like a lot of anoying tire kickers to me. I'm not into taking a year to sell a truck like some other guys I've seen. I'm thinking on $6500- it is a pretty clean truck and a lot of work's been done on it (most parts are new under the hood)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i think its to much, and its also an 88 with i'm guessing atleast 80,000 miles. I dont know if you got that clunking issue taken care of. Needs tires (or did you get the 38s on yet?) and if i remember the rear suspension looks kinda home made. A steel plate about 4" long bolted to the frame then it has the rear shackle bolted to it. (or am i thinking of another truck?)

Its a very very sweet rc, but i'd never pay that for anything that old. But who knows...you might get a bite. is it in autotrader yet?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, I think our logic differs a bit. Four wheelers or street rods or anything that's "built" (not stock) gets a different rating. It no longer matters reguarding the milage or the age of the vehicle- what matters is the milage and age of what? I recently looked at an El Camino (a '71) that was going for $23,000. No one would complain about the age of the car. The value of ANTHING is: what would people pay for it? I've seen plenty of trucks in the same order as mine(or comparable) going for $6,000-$10,000. Usually Chevy's. I know that doesn't mean they've actually SOLD them for that much! That's what I'm trying to find out. Chevy's seem to be in more demand and tend to go for more. Then again, this site shows quite a demand for RC's! I wish I knew what the tiger guy sold his RC for.

The truck now sports 16 1/2 x 12 rims and 38 1/2 Dick Cepec Kevlars, adjustable Ranchos.Both the clunk AND the groan have been repaired. The rear springs were not a Jerry rig, but actually a good idea. The plate is the same thickness of the frame and has been put to the test! The longer the arch on your springs, the stiffer the ride and you loose the ability to articulate 'inward' toward the body (on springs more than 6"). Also, by having 4" of lift in the spring and 4"on the rear of the spring (2 shackle and 2 plate) your diff points right where you want it toward the tranny. This was a Desert Rat approved mod/test and it's worked great! opinions of course are going to vary. It was certainly not the cheapest, most painless way to go. Arched springs would have been gravy!

Anyhow, with that said, I appreciate your opinions on that. Please keep them coming. i can tell you, if we have to sell the RC for $4000, I think we'll just keep building on her!

It's not in the trader yet, I just didn't know what to ask yet.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Oh Jason, I'm sure sad to hear you're selling the RC. But, I completely understand how priorities change when you have little ones.

My opinion is this: put a price tag on it that you feel is fair for the work and love you've pured into it. If someone who can appreciate it for what it is comes along, they will pay you what you ask. If not, then it's better to hang onto it. That way, you can show Jessi what it's like to go four-wheeling with her Daddy in a real truck...that's only a year or so down the road!

If you do end up selling the RC, please don't let it stop you guys from joining in on gatherings. We're thinking of doing another meeting at the Pavillions or somewhere we can all hang out and have casual conversation. There's lots of places to go to hang out for the day and have a BBQ, too.

Tell Jessi I've got a special little ram head sticker for her stroller! Give my luv to Andi.

Take good care of yourself and your little family.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jalene, you're totally right- $20,000!!!

Hey, thanks. You're not making this easy! Who knows what'll happen. I got to tell you, it sure is nice to drive with one finger, though! I hope you make the Pavillion trip soon, that's an easy one to make for us (as long as it's not too hot).

It looks like Jessi is going to take up about an even year of our over-protecting her :)! Then we can be sociable again. We're just having such a good time hanging out with the amazing little creature! The sticker sounds great- we can put it on her stroller roll bar. We're working on getting 35's fitted for it (but, you know theeeeeen you gatta beef up the suspension to handle the tires, theeeen the drive train, theeeen beef up the motor [Ti-Bo workout videos!] etc, etc)

Andi gives a big hi and Jessi says jkdbfgsiejm!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Hey dude.
Harken your ear to wisdom. There is nothing wrong with parking it with a tarp over until a times comes when you CAN get out there and enjoy it again. Just be sure to drive it occasionally to keep everything working.
BELIEVE ME, if you sell it some time later you will kicking your self because clean RCs are had to come by now adays. 90% of the ones I see now aday are worn out or totally trashed. When I see a nicely lifted one or clean one it gets my attention.
Actually mine is under a tarp right now. Gas prices are $1.57 a gallon for 87 octane and the RC scores 11-12 mpg around town. It drinks the gas, it takes up alot of room in the driveway, needs some interior things fixed, need to build the tranny soon and it has an oil leak. Sell it?
NOT ON YOUR LIFE.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gas prices here are $2.05 if your lucky and $2.17 in a lot of places. All I'm driving right now is the diesel.

Want to buy a truck?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts