Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where i can find a set for my PW??? mine are totally busted and its a real PITA to get my ids in and out of the back. and if not any ideas on how to make some??? ???

·
7,995 Posts
This is on your 77 Club Cab? I didnt think they had actual buttons on that year...I have been wrong before...could this seat be out of a later model/year? Any pics? My 77 parts book shows latches and latch plates but no buttons. :)

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can have pics in the morning. as far as i know these are original seat just recovered. there are a few 77-78 PW clubs around and all have these funky plastic buttons for the relase on the sides. . i'll make sure to have pics come morning.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Those funky plastic buttons are stock. ;) Go look at the 79 TD sport. It should have the plastic buttons also. The ramcharger front bench and clubcab bench should be the same. Late A-bodies also used the buttons probably 73 and up. 8)

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup! all i need is #3. the push button itsself. any ideas on where to get one or if i could have one milled out of aluminum???

·
7,995 Posts
My first suggestion is to try Mopar and see what they say. The old ones that were actual colored plastic are no longer available but it looks like they went to a generic button that needs to be painted to match the interior. Try this number with your local Dodge dude and see what he says.

Part #...L305EK1 BUTTON, Seat Back Latch (paint as required) N N N YL305EK1

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chump.... YOU DA MAN!!!!!!! i'll ask my buddy at chrysler if its still available tomorrow. and if its not how would you suggest i go about this little problem????

·
Registered
773 Posts
aaaggghhhhh,
please dont reply in this thread if you find one.
it would just kill me!
after looking and asking for 6 months, i finally, last week, sent my new(to me) bench seat off the uphosltry shop with the only one it came with.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wel mine are both broken to the point that they cannot be used ever... ie. missing BIG peices of the plastic. not fun. thats why i been thinkin bout aluminum to have en milled out of.

·
Registered
773 Posts
well, i got my bench seat back yesterday!
man o' man, a very nice job.
all kind of pleats and piping that was not there to start with.
nicely covered over the driver side push button hole.
he also painted the other push button and seat belt cover things on the lower sides of the seats to match the tan vynal, and he even repainted all the seat base.
$285, i dont know if thats good or not, but seemed way fair to me.

however, iff'n you do get around to fabing some aluminum push buttons, count me in!

·
7,995 Posts
Looks like Dodge discontinued these buttons and there is only one left at www.arizonaparts.com for $5 plus shipping. Maybe you could use it to fab some new ones. Someone also mentioned that these may have been used on the A-body cars..that might be another avenue to approach as their are many resto parts shops on the web.:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts