Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trying to get the temp gauge working on my magnum swapped rc I broke the temp sensor off inside the I take of the magnum. No big deal just shove a screw extractor and move on. NOPE the stupid thing went all the way through the sensor and is now stuck free spinning inside of the whole thing, and the sensor is still stuck in there. Anyone got some tricks to get it out? Pliers cant grip it enough and too tight to get a drill chuck on it to just high speed it out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Use a bolt extractor on the outside of the sensor.,
Nevermind that post (broke off sensor) so obviously not going to work

·
Super Moderator
14,330 Posts
Have a pic so we can see it? I'm not clear about how it looks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the good news is I got the broken sensor out using fire a bigger easy out and a lot of bad words. The bad news trying to get the stuck ez out it broke and part of it fell into the intake. So now that stupid thing is running around somewhere in the engine. The only moving part is the water pump inside there right? And in theory theres not enough current to pull it through the system and into the pump. At least that's what I'm running with trying to convince myself I dont need to take the whole thing apart.

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,186 Posts
It will most likely stop at a water jacket in the head or get lodged in the block but never rule out Murphy's law about it going into the water pump. It's best to drain the system and get that out of there before it causes a blockage.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem is if it at the bottom of a water jacket or somewhere in the block I'm looking at a full tear down to find it.i dont have the time space ke money for that right now. Especially because eif I'm taking that thing apart it's going to get cammed and maybe some work done in heads. Looking at the schematic of the flow I dont think it could get into the pump from there. But of course like you said murphys law and considering I'm even talking about this Murphy doesnt like me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ruderunner said:
You might be able to pull the thermostat and shove a magnet in the passage.
I tried that and got nothing but a mess. Ive driven it a few times now and nothing has went boom yet so hopefully it stays that way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.