Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just joined and this is my first post. I had the itch to buy a new truck recently, and I practically scared myself to death one day when I found myself sitting at the dealer ready to sign on the dotted line for a beautiful new cummins for about a trillion dollars a month.

So, I pulled my old 83 1/2 ton out of the weeds where it has been rotting away since I parked it there about three years ago, and I have been throwing money at it instead. So far I've got the machine shop working on a 360 to replace the tired 318 that I pulled out. It should be an inprovement, Keith Black pistons, dual energy Comp Cam, Edelbrock carb & intake, headers, complete MSD ignition, etc., most of these goodies are still in the boxes they came in. I've also got a 4" Rough Country lift still sitting in the box

I have a couple of questions that I would like to pose to anyone who might be in the know. First, I would like to put in a late model bench seat out of a 94 or newer truck. Has anyone done this? Also, I am looking for some good looking black tube bumpers, who makes them and where I can get them. Smittybilt makes a decent looking front, but I can't find that they make a matching rear.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I say...WAY TO GO! IMHO new trucks are nice if you can afford `em but...I can`t speak for anyone else but I don`t have an extra gazillion dollars lying around every month for the truck nut. I HAD a 97 Ram 1500, it was real nice, 5.9, 4x4 all sorts of go-fast goodies but the thing was killin me every month between the loan and darn insurance so, I bought what is now referred to in my house as "The Money Pit". It may be a little old, ride a little stiff but i would`nt trade it for a car payment...EVER. Old Iron Rules!

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Cool deal man . I got an 83 Ramcharger I am parting out if you need any parts lemme know . Welcome abaord man alot of members are MIA this weekend cuz of our event taking place . But hey soundls like you got a plan and sounds good also check out our RCC.com produts page we have some serious cool shackle flip kits and shackle bushings .

bt83rc

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Hello fellow newbie!Sounds like you already have most of your goodies you just need to blend them together and bake at 350.I'm with ya all the way,screw a truck payment!As long as I treat red right,she doesn't cost me a dime.The seat should work,you may have to be a little creative with the mounts I doubt it's a direct bolt in.You might get lucky and only have to drill new holes.Bumpers,visit your local machine/welding shop, they usually can build you a better one as far as materials for about the same $.The aftermarket bolt on crap just doesn't last offroad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts