Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me know if you ever want someone to performance test the site ;D I just got tasked with learning Loadrunner so we can run tests against an HP superdome! Gonna use some A-class machines to generate load! Can;t believe my luck. Only thing better than getting to build something is getting to tear something down 8)

Marcus Neto

·
Administrator
26,859 Posts
88Dodge150 said:
Let me know if you ever want someone to performance test the site ;D I just got tasked with learning Loadrunner so we can run tests against an HP superdome! Gonna use some A-class machines to generate load! Can;t believe my luck. Only thing better than getting to build something is getting to tear something down 8)

Marcus Neto
By performance test, what do you mean? Test load times?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Load test.... I could hit you with 5000 users doing various transactions on the site :)

I was partially joking as I cannot see that you would ever need a load test. Part of doing a load test though would be to capture load times with no users and then capture it in increments up to the 5000 Virtual Users that we are licensed for....

You are in web development right? What is your forte? I manage to scratch out a little html occasionally but have mostly been dabbling in VB/VBA after spending a couple of years as an automated tester using Rational's line of products. I used to develop and run performance tests on our Application to get response times.

Marcus

·
Administrator
26,859 Posts
88Dodge150 said:
Load test.... I could hit you with 5000 users doing various transactions on the site :)

I was partially joking as I cannot see that you would ever need a load test. Part of doing a load test though would be to capture load times with no users and then capture it in increments up to the 5000 Virtual Users that we are licensed for....

You are in web development right? What is your forte? I manage to scratch out a little html occasionally but have mostly been dabbling in VB/VBA after spending a couple of years as an automated tester using Rational's line of products. I used to develop and run performance tests on our Application to get response times.

Marcus
Thanks, but I don't think we need to do a load test. My paying job is a webmaster for http://victoriaadvocate.com, which is the newspaper in the town I live in. I have taken several VB classes, but it isn't something that I prefer. I learned some Perl from our old board, and I am now learning PHP from this board. Thanks for offering :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts