Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have 88 rc with broken c.a.d and want to put locking hubs on can i do this or do i need to get a new c.a.d ??? any info. will help. please post any info you might know really want to make Crosby Run the 31st. ???

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Well, I have CAD and Locking Hubs, which seems to be a little weird when looking at it first, but the truck came that way. Weird, because basically the CAD locks both axle shafts together or disengages them. The manual locking hubs only allow you to lock your wheels on to the axleshaft or unlock them, so it's sort of a 2 stage locking with CAD and locking hub. At least that's how I judge it.
If you CAD is broken and permanently locked, than you have the same thing what others try to achieve by welding their CAD fork into position and locking hubs work no problem. If it's open, then locking hubs won't help you any for the 4x4, the front axle will no longer be a drive axle, but you can lock it permantely, look into the FAQs

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
You can install locking hubs but you need to permanently engage the CAD.

Ed

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how do you permanently engage the c.a.d? which way do i lock the fork. looking at the front of the truck to the right or to the left?

muskalade i picked up my locking hubs at O'RILEY'S OR AT AUTO ZONE

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
there are several manufacturers you can pick up manual locking hubs from that should work for your application. Try Warn and Milemarker for a start.

For details how to lock your CAD, please look in the FAQ section further down in the board lict, under drivetrain. Maybe that helps :)

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.