Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got a question.
I need new rims to put bigger tires on my S10. I am looking for CHEAP black rims and am stuck as to what to get. Plan is to put my 32x11.50's on it.
A local parts shop is quoteing me $39.99 for each black "BART economy modified," (total $159.96) this one is a 15' x 10'. (was looking for 15x8, but this is on sale.
Town fair tire is talking $299 for a set of american racing "767" 15' x 8' rims WITH mounting, balencing valve stems etc.and an alignment . Mounting is about $12-13 if I bring everything to them.
I am probably going to need an alignment anyways.when I do the ball joints.
Which one would you suggest?
Bart wheel,,http://www.pitstopusa.com/detail.aspx?ID=16741

AR 767,,http://www.americanracing.com/wheel...7&style=767&desc=Steel alloy, painted§ion=ORT

G

·
I voted to burn the S-10, I've never thought very much of them. If you really want to keep it go with the town fair package, at least the wheels are made by American Racing, the others wheels are probably really cheap and will rust in three days.

Chris

·
Registered
891 Posts
Get the cheapo BART wheels, then have someone else mount them and stuff. $300 is way too much for 767s, but that's what they wanted to charge me. Then I looked in the bargain news and found a set of 5 new ones for $100. :p

·
Registered
52,744 Posts
Like WC my first thought was burn the S-10. {cool}

I had a buddy that had one and it sucked hourse snot!

go the cheapest way you can cause you know you want have the truck long! {bigeyes} ;D

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
WTF burn the s.5 and spend the money on the RC, you do realize the RC will never get fixed while you spend money on the s.5 junk, you do know that right?

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right, but I can't afford to drive the RC everyday anyways, I havent done anything with it in a year except cut the rot out of the rear floor. AND I am looking for something smaller anyways.

·
Premium Member
3,768 Posts
If you wanted something small with a crappy independant front you should have bought a Dakota. ;D

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for $500? Iam still surprized, I HATED these things when they came out! I never liked them till I drove this one.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Will 32's even fit on that car oooooops i mean s.5

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya, will be able to fit 33's when I am done, just need some trimming/hammering.

·
Registered
52,744 Posts
I have a torch a sawsall and an RC frame to put it onnnnnnnnnn! {bigeyes} ;D

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
phoenix827 said:
right, but I can't afford to drive the RC everyday anyways, I havent done anything with it in a year except cut the rot out of the rear floor. AND I am looking for something smaller anyways.
chris, all you did on the blazer 2 is cut away rot... and anyway why the F*&K do u need 32s? it'll probably just hurt gasmilage, destroy your 10 bolt rear, and make u cut away the little remaining fendor you have on that bondo bucket POS > :(

hey i'll buy your r/c for $200 :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey this is a Ram Charger only forum, were all about the dodges, i say burn the S-10 Buy your self a dodge. Do some off roading and help pull people out of the mud instead of being the one gettin pulled out.~ Eatin Fords Shitting Chevy's

·
Registered
52,744 Posts
GoRamYourself said:
Hey this is a Ram Charger only forum, were all about the dodges, i say burn the S-10 Buy your self a dodge. Do some off roading and help pull people out of the mud instead of being the one gettin pulled out.~ Eatin Fords Shitting Chevy's
I second that Chris sell it and use the money on the RC! ;D

Ok well $10 won't help alot but! ::)

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Well, since I drive a brand X I can't really vote to burn it (but I did anyway :p) I spend as little money as possible on brand X. I'd run a set of 235s with junkyard rims on it. ;D

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats what it has now, Thats what it's going to get for street tires, just wanted to get something bigger for PA.

·
Registered
23 Posts
buy a dodge get a real truck

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
got one

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
hell i cna fit 32's on my 2wd S-10 as it sits now thanks to the heavy duty suspension the mechanic put on it before i got it . got 5 leaf springs in the back and like 2 inch taller coildsprings in the front and it hauls ass for a V-6 the 4.3 is nice engine for power to weight ratio anyhow .

G

·
I voted to torch the S-10 but you can always use it as a chicken coop and raise free range poultry in your back yard. ;D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts