Dodge RamCharger Central banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wow, a Hip fan! And on vinyl! Very Nice! I've seen them live a few times! Good ol' Toronto Ontario band. We miss Gord Downey! Thanks for posting that jonn6464! 馃憤

Premium Member
Wow man I'm impressed. I never realized the reach the smaller Canadian bands had. I get that typically the American cities closer to the border would have naturally heard some stuff but down as far as Texas blows me away. April Wine, Jeff Healey and Honeymoon Suite, yes, I like Honeymoon Suite a lot, but the rest that you mentioned, surprises me a bit. I like Ian Thornley and his band Big Wreck a lot too (not the same band as Big Sugar). A buddy of mine worked for Blue Rodeo for years. I tend to listen to more American and British rock/metal bands (when I'm not listening to country or blue grass or jazz) but I like my share of Canadian rock also. Other good Canadian bands are: Platinum Blonde, Corey Hart, Loverboy, Chilliwack, Triumph and Streetheart. Canadian rock bands like Rush, Street heart, Loverboy used to wear the strangest outfits EVER, back in the day! Lol.

Hey CCB, look at this little gem I found. Had to add it to my record collection.
Musical instrument Electronic instrument Musical instrument accessory Wood Audio equipment

'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That is so AWESOME! I LOVE Headpins and i love that album! I really like the songs "people" and "breakin' down". I bought this cassette new back in 1982 and had Darby Mills and the drummer sign my cassette at a concert in town years ago.
What part of the states do you live?

Attachments

Premium Member
That is so AWESOME! I LOVE Headpins and i love that album! I really like the songs "people" and "breakin' down". I bought this cassette new back in 1982 and had Darby Mills and the drummer sign my cassette at a concert in town years ago.
What part of the states do you live?
Holy cow, do you still have a cassette player to play that in?

I'm in Texas, 15 mins west of Ft. Worth.

Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Wow, Texas and you've heard the Headpins, that's crazy. Never thought their name went that far. Darby has a powerful voice. Brian "too loud" McLeod was the lead guitarist and music and lyrical writter of the band and he also formed the band. Brian who passed away years ago was also a member of the band Chilliwack (named from a small town here in British Columbia).
Texas was another state I'd like to live in but not now since the Californian's have been hijacking your state. Lol.

Discussion Starter · #27 ·
No, i don't have a cassette player anymore unfortunately as i have some cool old and rare cassettes but I still have a VCR though!!! Lol 馃槀

Attachments

21 - 27 of 27 Posts