Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm not surprised but the good ol' Canadian boys of Rush have a new brew for sale! Looks like I am going to have to keep my eyes peeled in the liquor stores for a half sack or three. Lol.

Reactions: jcruse64

Premium Member
Well I'm not surprised but the good ol' Canadian boys of Rush have a new brew for sale! Looks like I am going to have to keep my eyes peeled in the liquor stores for a half sack or three. Lol.

You mean "2 of the good ol' Canadian boys" of Rush...

Premium Member
On a side note... Back in 2004-06 I got to see The Tragically Hip twice here in Dallas. Great band!
They played in a little bar just outside downtown, with about 100 people in attendance.

But all 100 of those people understood what a privilege it was to see them in such a small venue. You could literally walk up the the edge of the stage and rock out for awhile, then walk to the bar and grab a beer, then walk back to the same spot at the stage.

It was awesome.

RIP Gordie.

Registered
They had to do something since Niel Passed (RIP) They will nbever find another drummer like him, so they will never be the same RUSH. I hope they prove me wrong.

'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya the Tragically Hip are from the east coast of Canada but we love them here out west also. They've played my town here a few times, one of those times was at a cool outdoor concert back in the summer of '91 at our race track with the stage on the backstretch pointing towards the infield and frontstretch bleachers. Yes RIP Mr Downey. Our rock station here calls them their "house band" whatever that means, lol.

Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
On a side note... Back in 2004-06 I got to see The Tragically Hip twice here in Dallas. Great band!
They played in a little bar just outside downtown, with about 100 people in attendance.

But all 100 of those people understood what a privilege it was to see them in such a small venue. You could literally walk up the the edge of the stage and rock out for awhile, then walk to the bar and grab a beer, then walk back to the same spot at the stage.

It was awesome.

RIP Gordie.
I've seen a few bands here in that way also. We had a bar called "The old Forge" which later became "The Forge" and it had the biggest stage in a bar in all of British Columbia and the same thing, you could walk right up to the stage and put your foot on the monitors and leave to get another beer and to go to the can and come back to your spot and rock on. It was awesome. It had low ceilings and had 4 separate bars to buy booze at. My favorite moment was when the band Great White did an unannounced show at The Forge the night after they opened up for KISS in Vancouver. My buddy went to that concert the night before and saw the band Great White on the ferry the next day coming home and as soon as he got home (cause back then nobody had cell phones) he phoned me and said who was on the boat with him and suspected that they were going to play a show and sure as shit, they did! I bullshitted with them after and got really drunk with them, lol. I miss those days. I love big shows in the 20,000 - 50,000 seat shows but I have a real soft spot for small venues. You don't get a big show but you get better sound quality and intimacy.

List of bands I've seen at "The Forge":
Great White
Nirvana
Lee Aaron
Big Wreck
Sum 41
Trooper
Burton Cumings
Gordon Lightfoot
Headpins

Premium Member
I've seen a few bands here like that. We had a bar called "The old Forge" which later became "The Forge" and it had the biggest stage in a bar in all of British Columbia and the same thing, you could walk right up to the stage and put your foot on the monitors. It was awesome. It had low ceilings and had 4 separate bars to buy booze at. My favorite moment was when the band Great White did an unannounced show at The Forge the night after they opened up for KISS in Vancouver. My buddy went to that concert the night before and saw the band Great White on the ferry the next day coming home and as soon as he got home (cause back then nobody had cell phones) he phoned me and said who was on the boat with him and suspected that they were going to play a show and sure as shit, they did! I bullshitted with them after and got really drunk with them, lol. I miss those days. I love big shows in the 20,000 - 50,000 seat shows but I have a real soft spot for small venues. You don't get a big show but you get better sound quality and intimacy.

Great White
Nirvana
Lee Aaron
Big Wreck
Sum 41
Trooper
Burton Cumings
Gordon Lightfoot
Headpins
Lee Aaron, The Pocket Rocker! Love it!

Premium Member
I've seen a few bands here in that way also. We had a bar called "The old Forge" which later became "The Forge" and it had the biggest stage in a bar in all of British Columbia and the same thing, you could walk right up to the stage and put your foot on the monitors. It was awesome. It had low ceilings and had 4 separate bars to buy booze at. My favorite moment was when the band Great White did an unannounced show at The Forge the night after they opened up for KISS in Vancouver. My buddy went to that concert the night before and saw the band Great White on the ferry the next day coming home and as soon as he got home (cause back then nobody had cell phones) he phoned me and said who was on the boat with him and suspected that they were going to play a show and sure as shit, they did! I bullshitted with them after and got really drunk with them, lol. I miss those days. I love big shows in the 20,000 - 50,000 seat shows but I have a real soft spot for small venues. You don't get a big show but you get better sound quality and intimacy.

Great White
Nirvana
Lee Aaron
Big Wreck
Sum 41
Trooper
Burton Cumings
Gordon Lightfoot
Headpins
And, The Headpins, awesome. Turn It Loud was a great album.

Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really do miss the late 70's early 80's Canadian metal. It was raw and unpolished.
This was Lee Aaron's first hit song

Premium Member
They had to do something since Niel Passed (RIP) They will nbever find another drummer like him, so they will never be the same RUSH. I hope they prove me wrong.
[/QUOTE
You heard Lee Aaron before??
There's been a lot of good stuff coming from the Great White North over the years.

I used to rock out to Anvil and Helix a long time ago. Honeymoon Suite and April Wine too.
Then it was The Headstones, I dig them.

Big Sugar had a couple good tunes, so did The Watchmen. There's a Biff Naked tune I like too.

I dig Jeff Healey and Colin James when I'm looking to scratch my Blues itch.

Hell, sometimes me and my wife will chill out with a glass of wine and listen to Blue Rodeo on the back porch.

Registered
Maiden put out some beer a while back. I picked some up at the local store, it wasn't half bad.

Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
There's been a lot of good stuff coming from the Great White North over the years.

I used to rock out to Anvil and Helix a long time ago. Honeymoon Suite and April Wine too.
Then it was The Headstones, I dig them.

Big Sugar had a couple good tunes, so did The Watchmen. There's a Biff Naked tune I like too.

I dig Jeff Healey and Colin James when I'm looking to scratch my Blues itch.

Hell, sometimes me and my wife will chill out with a glass of wine and listen to Blue Rodeo on the back porch.
Wow man I'm impressed. I never realized the reach the smaller Canadian bands had. I get that typically the American cities closer to the border would have naturally heard some stuff but down as far as Texas blows me away. April Wine, Jeff Healey and Honeymoon Suite, yes, I like Honeymoon Suite a lot, but the rest that you mentioned, surprises me a bit. I like Ian Thornley and his band Big Wreck a lot too (not the same band as Big Sugar). A buddy of mine worked for Blue Rodeo for years. I tend to listen to more American and British rock/metal bands (when I'm not listening to country or blue grass or jazz) but I like my share of Canadian rock also. Other good Canadian bands are: Platinum Blonde, Corey Hart, Loverboy, Chilliwack, Triumph and Streetheart. Canadian rock bands like Rush, Street heart, Loverboy used to wear the strangest outfits EVER, back in the day! Lol.

Premium Member
You mentioned country music.

If you have a few minutes, check these guys out. All of them pretty muh make their living playing in Texas, Oklahoma, and the surrounding states.

I'm not sure how to post video links, but they are all on YouTube. Nevermind, I figured it out.

Cross Canadian Ragweed

Randy Rogers

Kevin Fowler

Pat Green

Registered
I have actually heard of most of these. CCR played at our local FallsFest several years ago.

Bucky

Discussion Starter · #16 ·
John Fogarty was one of the last concerts in my town before the George Orwell Convids 1984 hit.

Super Moderator
Rush? Isn't that the band with the nerdy guy that sounds like someone stepped on his nuts?

Reactions: BearGills

Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And a big shnoz Yep, that's him. Lol

Premium Member
1978 W200
Iron Maiden has a couple beers, too. The second one, Hellcat, is actually worth drinking. The first, Trooper... well... I have the bottle. :ROFLMAO:

Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Iron Maiden has a couple beers, too. The second one, Hellcat, is actually worth drinking. The first, Trooper... well... I have the bottle. :ROFLMAO:
I saw that online but I have never seen the Maiden beer in any of the liquor stores around here before.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts