Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got ready to take the truck out on the road and unfortunately she runs awfully. Made a trip to the gas station and back, died three times. If you touch the throttle it dies on it's way back down. I'm not that experienced with carbs but i think thats what's causing it. I've already put a new one on and I thought I had it adjusted right. Anything to put me in the right direction would be appreciated.

·
Registered
799 Posts
What carburetor did you put on it and what did you adjust when you put it on the intake?  Normally carbs are adjusted enough for the vehicle to run "out of the box" unless its some monstrous carburetor.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same holley 2bbl that came on it. Was working just fine adjusted at about two and a half out. Started dying on me like crazy but I'm beginning to think that it's an electrical problem.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I got it to run but it stalls if i slam on the brakes, is it just not enough idle to keep it going when all the vacuum gets sent to the booster or is it something else?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Power brakes? If applying the brakes causes some sort of rpm change then you could have a leak in the booster.

Bucky

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep power brakes. I'll take a look at it probably tomorrow. I almost want to say that its running rich. itll idle fine but as soon as I put it in gear she's hard to keep going. I can just adjust the idle real high to catch it but I'd prefer to not do burnouts without my foot on the gas.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went through the cheat sheet and found the charcoal canister issue. Installed a filter and cleaned out the carb and now she'll do 75 just fine when before she wouldnt do 45.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.