Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well gang, Here it is. Thanks to the help and technical advice you all provided, It's finished. Time and money well spent. I'd do it again.

Superlift 5" susp. lift, 3" body lift, Borgeson Shaft, overhauled front end, ProComp ES 3000 shocks and stabilizer.

Motivation is provided by a 318 fed by the factory TBI on a custom adapter plate mated to an Edelbrock Performer intake. A Mopar Performance .443 roller cam sports Crane springs, push rods, keepers and retainers. PS, PB, PW, AC, and CC. Currently running the factory A518 O/D auto w/TransGo shift kit.

Rears are the factory 9.25 and 44F with 4.56 gears on Trac Loks front and rear. (Warn hubs up front.) True 2.5" Flowmaster dual exhaust, exits at the rear bumper through 3.5" chrome slash cut tips, and it's MD emissions legal too !!

Wheels are AR 15 x 10 Outlaw II's, wrapped with 37 x 12.50 SSR's. Exterior mods consist of all new chrome and a Lund Moonvisor.

Interior is factory with the exception of the Kenwood CD sound system that screams through 4 JBL 6x9 triaxles. Revs are counted by a dash mounted Pro comp Monster Tach.

Future mods include headers and a 2400 rpm torque convertor.

Dodge trucks rock !!

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is just...........f'n sweet. That's all I have to say about that.

Oh yeah, when you gonna start makin those custom adapter plates for us lonely tbi people??? ;D

Randall

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dodge88,
I'm getting ready to upgrade the TBI with an adjustable fuel pressure reg. When I pull it, (The TBI) off, I'll complete my engineering drawing of it. I've already contacted several CNC houses that are prepared to machine it. I'll give updates and status to the site as things progress. May be available early fall of '02. I've had lots of inquiries. It'll be worth the wait.
Thanks for your patience.
Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ahhh finally!!! Now, I can just get it and wait to get an intake ;D

Randall

·
Registered
676 Posts
dodge88 said:
That is just...........f'n sweet. That's all I have to say about that.

Oh yeah, when you gonna start makin those custom adapter plates for us lonely tbi people??? ;D

Randall
i would friggin love him if he made them.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
now that is one awesome looking RC!! very, very nice! i love the modifications you have done--really makes a huge difference. and there is something about that visor----i may have to save my pennies and get one of those! again, really sweet rig!

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
SWEET A$$ RIG!!!!!!!!ONE DAY RED WILL BE THAT BIG,AND PLEASE POST WHEN YOU GET THOSE TBI ADAPTERS ,I WAS JUST GETTING READY TO POST TO SEE IF ANYBODY KNEW WHERE I COULD GET MY GREASEY HANDS ON ONE OR A MANUFACTUER THAT MADE A TBI INTAKE FOR A SB MOPAR.

AGAIN VERY VERY PHAT,

MICHAEL

·
Registered
229 Posts
Very Kewl!!! A sweet ride indeed!{cool}

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
very cool!!!!!! one question, do your tires rub at full flex?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm curious too, do they rub? did you have to cut the fenders to make them fit, or was the lift enough to make it work?

·
Registered
14 Posts
OBXCHARGER said:
SWEET A$$ RIG!!!!!!!!ONE DAY RED WILL BE THAT BIG,AND PLEASE POST WHEN YOU GET THOSE TBI ADAPTERS ,I WAS JUST GETTING READY TO POST TO SEE IF ANYBODY KNEW WHERE I COULD GET MY GREASEY HANDS ON ONE OR A MANUFACTUER THAT MADE A TBI INTAKE FOR A SB MOPAR.

AGAIN VERY VERY PHAT,

MICHAEL
Everybody has been on the lookout for those sb tbi adapters, but they are just nowhere to be found. There is one member who is a developer/engineer for edelbrock I believe. Ever since I found that out I have been hounding him to develop a sb tbi intake, for use without an adapter. Still no progress there....

Randall

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah at full flex they just do scrub the front fender rear inner fenderwell, (Passenger side.) Actually, I just learned yesterday that the right front spring, as measured sits 1 1/4" lower than the driver's side. Contacted Superlift and they agreeded to send me a replacement leaf pack. Pretty nice of them. ;D ;D

I learned quite a bit about driveline angles, vibrations, adjustment opportunities, and how a lift affects the ultimate front end settings after lifting. Anybody that thinks that all you do is pull one of these lift kits out of the box, install it and you drive away happy is soon suprised. I'm still making subtle adjustments. I still need to put about another 1 1/2 degrees down in the rear pinion to make the shaft angles perfect.

I spent probably a good hour over 3 or 4 calls talking with Superlift. They were very helpful. They admit that they no longer invest the time in further development of their kits for our older trucks, and they also admit that some applications require "minor tweaking." I work in the aviation maintenance business so I'm familiar with tweaking.....(That's code for hope for the best and deal with the worst when it is happens.) That's what makes working on our trucks so challenging and enjoyable. Hell......You put this much work in a Chebbie or a Furd and when you're done, it's still just a Chebbie or a Furd.

Dave .

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey Dave.. I love the looks of your truck.. and its great to hear what you got under the hood of that beast. In your pics, it looks like you might have highered the front bumper up higher somehow after the body lift.. ??Did You? If so.. How did you do it? Did you make brackets or something? Also how easy was the body lift to install? And again.. Love the truck.. But exspecially those rims! :eek: :eek:

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely Dave

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1980RamCharger318 said:
Hey Dave.. I love the looks of your truck.. and its great to hear what you got under the hood of that beast. In your pics, it looks like you might have highered the front bumper up higher somehow after the body lift.. ??Did You? If so.. How did you do it? Did you make brackets or something? Also how easy was the body lift to install? And again.. Love the truck.. But exspecially those rims! :eek: :eek:

Thanks in advance.
Thanks Dave. Actually the bumpers are in the stock original locations. I just adjusted it up as much as the factory frame and bracket holes would allow. This was the third body lift that I've installed. It gets easier each time you do one. This one took about 3.5 hours total, but i knew what I was up against going into the job. 4 areas requiring absolute adjustment / modification are the steering shaft, the gas filler neck to tank hose, radiator and gear selection shift rod. Good luck.
Thanks for the compliments. It is trully appreciated.

Dave ::)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts