Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well on my way to work thismoring my powersterring pump in the 87 w250 Craps out i think power steering still there just harder then normal to turn kinda like if the fluid was low but its not I'll throw a differnt pump on tommarow

then i spend all day fixing our only non made in USA cnc a YANG SMV-1000 (WHAT A PEICE OF CRAP)

get ready to leave work crawl under truck to make sure theres now power steering leaks luckly there isnt but twaht do i find right by the drivers side front spring hanger but a CRACK in the frame only about 1.5" long so I pull it up as close to the overhead door as i can Cause my boss dosnt want me welding on the truck inside which i cant blame him

so i welded it up the ground it flat the welded a 1/4 fish plate over top Hope it works

howes everyone elses day going?

·
Registered
857 Posts
That sucks about the power steering but always remember it could be much worse. My dad went pretty good today but I did try to mow the grass and the lawnmower broke down. Not to bad though.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Yesterday was LONG, it rained then stopped while I road the Harley home then started again.  ;D

This dang humidity is killing me.  :-\

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
mopar65pa said:
Yesterday was LONG, it rained then stopped while I road the Harley home then started again. ;D

This dang humidity is killing me. :-\
wa flippin wa

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
herostoryrory said:
wa flippin wa
Why don't you go fix your rice burner! :p

G

·
Sorry to hear your day went to hell. Mine wasn't too bad, I get to be boss for two weeks. I'd have taken a nap but the phone wouldn't quit ringing. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
d-100 said:
then i spend all day fixing our only non made in USA cnc a YANG SMV-1000 (WHAT A PEICE OF CRAP)
You get that too? Our grinders ANCA, Walter, Schneeburger, Viking get regular routine maintinence but are always breaking down. Our HAAS machines run year after year with nearly zero maintinence. The SL-20 has been droped from almost a foot, survived a building fire and has been used 80 hours a week for 9 years without so much as a squirt of grease in the chuck.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
started tearing apart the top end of the engine ...and well so far so good ...cept all the exhaust manifold bolts were loose  :eek: ..so much for being worried about breaking one off in the head ...lil worried about what the timing chain is gonna look like ...it sucks when some PO has no idea what a torque value is ...and well the 1/2 inch of sealer all the way around the water pump housing was another indication it was replaced but the damn bearing squeals in the water pump ...that i need to get the engine back to TDC somehow ..do it once i get the chain cover off and line up the dots will work i think ....as for my day i work in a tire retread shop eo everyday blows in that place  :p

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Everyday is boring for me now.

That's all I got.

·
29,538 Posts
cooper30 said:
Everyday is boring for me now.
If you were at a higher elevation, I'd suggest you open yogurt cups and see how far they burp for entertainment.......but alas, it doesn't work near sea level.

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
lol, I remember that whole thread.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Crappy day today.

Yesterday I sprayed the inside of a "reffer trailer" with expand-a-foam (3 layers) for the insulation. I came in today and it was soft and sticky, and it contaminated the first two "good" coats I put on.  :'(

I had to tear it all out. I guess the mixing nozzle got clogged and wasn't mixing right. $2k of foam down the tubes.  :-\

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
KThaxton said:
If you were at a higher elevation, I'd suggest you open yogurt cups and see how far they burp for entertainment.......but alas, it doesn't work near sea level.
Negative Ghost rider. The appropriate application of downward pressure to the opposite side of the foil lid during opening is enough to produce the same high-altitude yogurt-spit as you highlanders get to enjoy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts