Dodge RamCharger Central banner

Rotella or Mobil 1 in 165,000 MIle 93 Magnum?

3K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  50ply 
#1 ·
Alright, well first on the list of problems I want to try to fix on my damed 93 RamCharger is oil pressure. It isn't doing so good. So I am going to do a nice oil change on it. I got a nice large WIX filter for it. Unifortunately I am unable to get Amsoil out here, so I am going to have to go with Rotella or Mobil 1 full synthetic. I think they had both in 15W 40 or something. What would you guys prefer?

Ryan

#2 ·
sorry to hear you can't get amsoil. I would go with the mobile 1 and maybe even go 20w-50 if you got some oil preasure problems.

#3 ·
That Lucas oil stabilizer is supposed to help oil pressure problems too. I've heard good things about and have used it myself without complaints.

But, my oil pressure problem turned out to be a oil pressure idiot light problem somewhere (already replaced the sender). Aftermarket gauge fixed it.

#4 ·
If it has that many miles i wouldnt use the sythetic, use the rotella 15w 40 if thats all you can get, But rotella is a diesel oil, I do run Rotella T in my old cub cadet 125 lawn tractor, it works well in that. I have also ran it is 6.2 chevy diesels and have like it for them also.

#5 ·
I got 187,000 on my r/c I use the valvoline max life 5w 30 and I like that a lot
ken

#6 ·
Rotella is a high detergent oil, so it'll clean out all the sludge that's bult up inside the engine. That's all that I ever used. I also use mureys oil stabilizer with it.

#7 ·
Duffy said:
Rotella is a high detergent oil, so it'll clean out all the sludge that's bult up inside the engine. That's all that I ever used. I also use mureys oil stabilizer with it.
yeah rotella is a high detergent oil. And beleave it or not Cenex brand superlube 518 is basicly the same thing as rotella t and its a little cheaper. Rotella can get alittle costly

#8 ·
So we got a few for Rotella, one for Mobil one, then one for Valvoline. Any other ideas?

#9 ·
well i run royal purple synthetic in my 50 plymouth and i like it in that, they make very good oil. But for your engine i wouldnt use the synthetic, i would go with just royal purple motor oil. but it is alittle spendy

#12 ·
I don't have the time or money right now to change the oil pump. I am going to be home for a week and have a list of things to fix on the damn truck. The first on the list is just a good oil change.

Ryan

#13 ·
does it have low oil pressure at idle or all that time... if it is low at idle, you would have bigger problems...

#14 ·
MrMopar83 said:
I don't have the time or money right now to change the oil pump. I am going to be home for a week and have a list of things to fix on the damn truck. The first on the list is just a good oil change.

Ryan
It only takes about an hour to change out an oil pump, and you can get a new OEM pump from summit for $19.95.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=MEL-M72

#15 ·
Thats not so bad.... Maybe I will replace the pump while I'm at it.

#17 ·
I'm waiting for the New Hemi Magnum Crate motors to come out.... That should fix quite a few problems I have with the truck.

Ryan

#18 ·
i saving for the crate hemi 528, half way there.... but i might spend the money before i ever get enough to buy the engine.

#21 ·
I have made some money through assorted things. Sold some parts, flipped a car or two. I'm saving up to finish my other Hemi I have. It is from my fathers 70 Hemi Cuda. It has been sitting for years and needs to be rebuilt.

Ryan

#22 ·
i sold my 02 honda cr250, over $3,200 in custom and after market parts. i will receive a check tomarrow night for $7,800, thats what is putting me up to the half way point

#23 ·
I heard the new Magnum Crate Hemi is only going to be like $6,000.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.