Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
About 300 pounds including Back Lift Door/Hatch. Back Lift Door/Hatch is about 60 pounds. It's made of fiberglass. Top is made of real American Steel.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
redram420 said:
79 doesnt have a fiberglass rear hatch, its just a piece of glass on a hinge.
Thats weird my 74/80 RC had a fiberglass frame around the glass .
With the galvanized steel roof .

·
Registered
36 Posts
pretty damn heavy.  me and my buddy had a little struggle getting it down.  i would say its about 300-400 pounds. or in other words a 3 man job

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I have moved it around the yard with 2 people but it takes 3 or 4 to install it. I just put mine on and I had myself, wife,2 daughters and neice help me. It was awkward and heavy. Then you will find that the holes dont line up, grrrr!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
dodge16vrt said:
I have moved it around the yard with 2 people but it takes 3 or 4 to install it. I just put mine on and I had myself, wife,2 daughters and neice help me. It was awkward and heavy. Then you will find that the holes dont line up, grrrr!
Well as a warning ,
If you have any floor panel damage ,
I would not remove this top without putting in some bracing .
So the body shell doesn't flex or fold in .
Also drilling a guide pin hole also aids in lining up bolt holes.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Wow I've always removed mine by myself - and put it back on.  Probably not OSHA recommended, though. 

·
Registered
62 Posts
fenrir said:
Wow I've always removed mine by myself - and put it back on. Probably not OSHA recommended, though.
yea, i took mine off myself the other day, hardest part was getting to break loose, but after that i gently slid off onto waiting center blocks.... funny thing is ive neer put one on, in the past ive left it off permanetly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
About 300 pounds including Back Lift Door/Hatch. Back Lift Door/Hatch is about 60 pounds. It's made of fiberglass. Top is made of real American Steel.
I'm not sure of the year of the first Dodge ramcharger 4x4 I'm thinking 69 or 70 how much did that roof weigh?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I'm not sure of the year of the first Dodge ramcharger 4x4 I'm thinking 69 or 70 how much did that roof weigh?
The first Dodge Ramcharger was 1974.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts