Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 87 - 0.030 over 360 4v-375hp,true duals no cats/egr.Dual batteries,a/c,roll bar,velvet ride shackles,desert steel trac bars,borgeson steering shaft,Art Carr Performance torque converter 1400stall. 4.11's and 35's.All that and great mileage at 16mpg highway.

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That's cool.It was R.C.M.P.(Royal Canadian Mounted Police) "Blue" and "White" when i bought it from them too.Stiil has the headlight swagger flasher in it,handy for passing slowpokes at night !!! They move right away when i hit the switch! :eek: ;D

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The engine..........

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
side

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
That is quite a clean lookin rig. It has always been my opinion that a truck has to have a certain presence to it to be painted black and yours definitly looks good. 8) I'll find a better pic of a light bar on the internet and redo your pic. I just slapped that together in about 2 minutes.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sorry. I got bored. If you want me to remove this I will. When you said police it gave me some ideas. I'm sitting at home after shoulder surgery the walls are starting close in on me.--Jeff. :\'(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Logjam said:
Sorry. I got bored. If you want me to remove this I will. When you said police it gave me some ideas. I'm sitting at home after shoulder surgery the walls are starting close in on me.--Jeff. :\'(
hey nice job on the light bar! hope that shoulder heels fast!

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
RON said:
hey Ron, have you posted this pic elsewhere? i've seen it before... hmmmmm :-\

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Where did you get the truck from the rcmp? are you a former canuck? real slick truck, your lucky when the york regional police were done with my yellow r/c they made a mess of the das wirring. the flasher for the headlights was still there but the wires were all hacked up.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep a proud Canadian.Born in North York.I am stuck in Ca now.Emissions crap up the ying yang,and no shortage of tree huggers and Lawyers!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
RON said:
That's cool.It was R.C.M.P.(Royal Canadian Mounted Police) "Blue" and "White" when i bought it from them too.Stiil has the headlight swagger flasher in it,handy for passing slowpokes at night !!! They move right away when i hit the switch! :eek: ;D
you wouldnt happen to have the police lights for it would ya?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
so did you take your r/c with you when you moved south? i asume the r/c didn't have all the cali smog equipment on it when you bought it from the rcmp. i bought my bigblue from california and am in the process of removing all the smog crap, what carb did you get on your rc. the york regional police removed their big 4bbl before they auctioned it.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Good lookin toy ;D

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When i bought it from the police auctionVancouver) it was intact except radios/lights.It came with a huge Holley 2bbl on it.No emissions crap at all; no egr,charcoal cannister,catalytics, still has the manufacturer tag under the hood from Chrysler that says "emission exempt-non catalyst".The dual battery setup is original,lots of heavy wiring for lights,80 amp alt too.

RON

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ron...Great Looking Rig!! Can you tell me what mods you have done to boost the HP up to 375. I'd be real interested.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Ron

can you take a pic of the emission exept tag and tell me where it is located. you just gave me a faint bit of hope to reserect my yellow ex copper. she won't pass ontario's emission testing right now but if i can find that tag wellllllll, i'd be as happy as a cop in donuts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The exemption tag is on the hood itself,on the driver's side.It has all the options/equipment and vin on it(so you can't put it on another truck).In Vancouver i still had to go thru emissions and pay the fees,but pass or fail i still got my tags.They just wanted the fees! I had to argue with them everytime about it being an exempt vehicle.That's why i bought this one over an 88 i found at the same time.With that tag i can do what i want with it for mods and not worry about emissions.

As for mods;

Block is blueprinted to specs, 0.030 over,9:1 comp
Heads: "302"swirl port 1.81 int valve, 1.60 exhaust valve
Purple shaft cam,flat tappet
278/278 advertised duration 108 centerline
Cam advanced 2 degrees
Dual plane 340 high rise intake(1970)
Thermoquad 850 with strip kit
Stock manifolds,true duals with H pipe
MSD ignition
Art Carr Performance Torque Converter 1400 stall(12")

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice lookin rig. Very similar to my. See my pic under Rooster_Racer. Just curious how you come up with that HP. Did you have it on a dyno?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
thanks ron, i'll check it as soon as posible. if it is taged exempt i'll drive down there with a case of brick brewing company stubbys for ya. later eh!!!

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Logjam said:
Looks Good!! Once mine is on the road and I get my bar on I will send you a pic to compare.
Chris

1 - 20 of 40 Posts