Dodge RamCharger Central banner

Rolling with POR15

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Billy Ram 
#1 ·
Can you roll on POR15 and POR15 Topcoat and still look decent?
Its gloss black so Im very curious.

#2 ·
It can be rolled on but it isn't paint. It should look decent but my idea of decent may be different from yours. If you are looking for a paint like finish you aren't going to get it.

Chris

#3 ·
wycowboy said:
It can be rolled on but it isn't paint. It should look decent but my idea of decent may be different from yours. If you are looking for a paint like finish you aren't going to get it.

Chris
As long as its consistent and wont be too porus that it holds dirt.What kind of roller does one use?

#4 ·
If you catch an edge on that stuff you can pull it off in sheets.  :-\

I would not use it for the body.  {no}

#5 ·
mopar65pa said:
If you catch an edge on that stuff you can pull it off in sheets. :-\

I would not use it for the body. {no}
Now that just sucks :mad:.....All my research on POR15 and that never came up....either did rolling it.
Maybe Ill just go to town on the under body and rattle can it olive drab like my orginal plan.Gloss black and Flat olive might look a bit goofy. Gloss black with flat black....hmmm.

#6 ·
Strip it and bedliner it.  POR also doesn't like salt water or the air near salt water, though that is not really an issue in Alberta.

#7 ·
Elwenil said:
Strip it and bedliner it. POR also doesn't like salt water or the air near salt water, though that is not really an issue in Alberta.
Already tried that.....It costs twice (Almost triple at some places) to get something bed lined in Canada compared to the States.Also then I have to pay to get it transported out of town.Herculiner can't be shipped over the border and again its double the price (Without shipping).

#8 ·
Elwenil said:
Strip it and bedliner it. POR also doesn't like salt water or the air near salt water, though that is not really an issue in Alberta.
X2 ... and if you want to get crazy use rust preventer from eastwood , then bed liner

#9 ·
Can you get the Duplicolor DIY kits or something similar at a local parts store?  I've been thinking about doing my interior with that stuff.

#10 ·
Elwenil said:
Can you get the Duplicolor DIY kits or something similar at a local parts store? I've been thinking about doing my interior with that stuff.
Ive talked to people who used the Duplicrap.....Its well....crap, you can pick it off with your finger nail.
And I havn't found or heard of anything that compares to Herculiner let alone Line-X or Rhinoliner

#11 ·
I know people who have had both good and bad experiences with the DIY kits.  I think the prep has a lot to do with how it turns out.

#12 ·
Elwenil said:
I know people who have had both good and bad experiences with the DIY kits. I think the prep has a lot to do with how it turns out.
Yup, prep and application is everything. I have it on my floorpan just to deaden some noise and prevent some water damage. It isn't pretty, but once I have everything settled it won't be seen. They have automotive paint quality no-nap roller brushes he could use.

#14 ·
ODSVET said:
why would you want a no nap roller ? its SUPPOSED to be a rough surface ....
I assume hes talking about the POR15 not the bedliner stuff.
What the hell is a no nap roller? ;D

#15 ·
Boons said:
I assume hes talking about the POR15 not the bedliner stuff.
What the hell is a no nap roller? ;D
ya, I needed to specify that last sentence was for the POR. also, if your response wasn't tongue-in-cheek, they make finer rollers labelled as "no nap". We did my car primer with it and you could think is was sanded it came out so smooth.

#17 ·
maybe a road trip is in order... drive south for the winter maybe a vacation or sum such and the buy the stuff cheap... or for gawd sakes dont ask ur friends in the rc community to help u out... have it shipped to their place and then meet up sumwheres and pick it from them... supposed to be a joke... arent the environmental nazis a RPITA....

#18 ·
madd_hatter_rc1979 said:
maybe a road trip is in order... drive south for the winter maybe a vacation or sum such and the buy the stuff cheap... or for gawd sakes dont ask ur friends in the rc community to help u out... have it shipped to their place and then meet up sumwheres and pick it from them... supposed to be a joke... arent the environmental nazis a RPITA....
I honestley contemplated on taking a little jont down to Montana......Gas prices area RPITA as well...

#19 ·
yeah i totally feel ya there... sucks u cant get the stuff shipped to ya up there... ive contemplated buying a rhino-liner kit and doing my entire truck over a weekend...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.