Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do i find a rollbar for my 79 ramcharger?  i'd like to have a cage that covered to the back of the bed but i'd at least like to have a factory bar for now... any ideas

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
they show up occasionally in the classifieds here on RCC, junkyards or ebay....those are pretty much your options shy going to a welding shop and having one bent up which will be big bucks.

Jegs sells a rollcage kit that fits these trucks.....a couple guys have used them on here but did some modding to fix things they didn't like about them.  Can't remember off the top of my head who used them....the one guy had a build article showing what he redid on his {think}

·
7,250 Posts
If you go digging in a JY for a stock rollbar the 81 and up rollbars will not work. Nopar changed the floor in them and the front legs are too long. If you have a welder and some fab skills you can make one work though.

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i saw the jegs rollcage, there are a couple on rcc that i really like and i have a small welder but my welding skills are untested to this point! lol  thanks for the info on the model years

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
wycowboy said:
If you go digging in a JY for a stock rollbar the 81 and up rollbars will not work. Nopar changed the floor in them and the front legs are too long. If you have a welder and some fab skills you can make one work though.

Chris
yea i forgot about the floor pan change between the pop tops and solid tops. Yea if its a 81-93 rollbar you'll have to but down the front legs and weld the plates back onto the tubing.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
been out of town for a few days, i'll send an email acuda

1 - 8 of 8 Posts